Think harder are we making progress yet?

12 replies to this topic
  • RAZZ

Posted July 06, 2003 - 10:30 AM

Don’t burst a blood vessel; I’m sure the moderators of ThumperTalk cannot be held responsible if you do.

Let’s do the Marxist thing (I love it “toyota_mdt_tech”) and take a vote. Before voting one should quickly glance at the threads “Got a Ticket!!!!! Grrrrrrr” and “AliveInMyOde is NOT wrong” to get a full understanding of the poll.

1· AliveInMyOde was wrong for riding his dirt bike on public lands without a tag PERIOD
2· The law is wrong for allowing licensed 4x4 and not dirt bikes on public lands
3· The cop was wrong for giving AliveInMyOde a ticket and admitting his 4x4 vehicle does more damage on public lands.
4· No one should ride on public lands make it all wilderness.
5· Who cares environmentalist have already won. Dirt bikes are just dieing a slow death
6· Who cares got go riding ignorance is best
7· Sorry the neurons (gray matter) aren’t connecting right now
8· As long as my neck of the woods remain open, I could care less about the rest.
9· I’m mad and joining the Blue Ribbon Coalition or Colorado OHV Coalition so they can sue some more government #$$%#.

Guess you have to be special to create a real poll according to the FAQs.

• Beef_Romchee

Posted July 06, 2003 - 10:42 AM

10. Razz is confused between the differences between Rights and Privledges.

B

• RAZZ

Posted July 06, 2003 - 03:04 PM

Beef_Romchee,

The only thing I’m confused about, is why you’re so dependant so, enerd on the system? Do you feel you have to ask Uncle Sam for any and everything? Does this include thinking? Were do you draw the line?

Your liberal indoctrination through the public school system is 100% complete.

• needsprayer

Posted July 06, 2003 - 05:58 PM

11. Who gives a RazztsA$$? :)

• BC3

Posted July 06, 2003 - 06:44 PM

Hey this sounds like fun....Can I play?

BC :)

• oz426

Posted July 07, 2003 - 02:25 AM

IMO i dont know how u can all disagree with razz's statemnet # 2. Although i dont have that problem here as i can ride my wr on any road or public land that other licensed vehicles use legally cos wr's are purchased road registered (providing you choose to pay for registration) from the dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 07, 2003 - 04:07 AM

Razz

Not sure how old you are, but let me add something here:

the world is not 1 dimensional its 3 and it does not revolve around why I can not do what I want, because in truth you cant.

You sound like my son, he complains he gets a ticket for doing 70 in a 35. Go figure its the cops fault and the law sucks because he should be able to do what he wants when he wants, (aka One dimensional thinking) I like what one forum member said "the smallest package in the world is a man wrapped up in himself".

Were there is no law anarchy rules

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 07, 2003 - 04:24 AM

We have a polling feature that you can use...

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1057580667Bryan_Bosch">

blah, blah. blah
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />blah
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />blah
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

:)

• racemile

Posted July 07, 2003 - 04:25 AM

I think it's time I start using a Pentagram for an avatar

• Dan_from_HB

Posted July 07, 2003 - 04:05 PM

Don’t burst a blood vessel; I’m sure the moderators of ThumperTalk cannot be held responsible if you do.

Let’s do the Marxist thing (I love it “toyota_mdt_tech”) and take a vote. Before voting one should quickly glance at the threads “Got a Ticket!!!!! Grrrrrrr” and “AliveInMyOde is NOT wrong” to get a full understanding of the poll.

1· AliveInMyOde was wrong for riding his dirt bike on public lands without a tag PERIOD
2· The law is wrong for allowing licensed 4x4 and not dirt bikes on public lands
3· The cop was wrong for giving AliveInMyOde a ticket and admitting his 4x4 vehicle does more damage on public lands.
4· No one should ride on public lands make it all wilderness.
5· Who cares environmentalist have already won. Dirt bikes are just dieing a slow death
6· Who cares got go riding ignorance is best
7· Sorry the neurons (gray matter) aren’t connecting right now
8· As long as my neck of the woods remain open, I could care less about the rest.
9· I’m mad and joining the Blue Ribbon Coalition or Colorado OHV Coalition so they can sue some more government #$$%#.

Guess you have to be special to create a real poll according to the FAQs.

OK, here's the deal, based upon what I've read so far:

1. True. It's against the law.
2. Also probably true, but you'd likely have to change the law. Refer to #1.
3. False. The cop has the right to cite those who break the law.
4. Ridiculous. Although some extremists may agree.
5. Not based upon the way dirt bikes have been selling since about 1998.
6. This attitude WILL surely get us thrown out of everywhere we want to be in the first place.
7. Only among those who think #6 is a good idea.
8. Will also get us thrown out. Once the legal precedent is set in California, guess how long it will take before the same tactic is used to throw out the rest of us everywhere else?
9. This is the only thing that works. If the enemy (enviro groups, not law enforcement) stoops to using the courts to further their agenda where they cannot enact legislation, then we will surely have to attack them with the same tactic, or risk being shoved off into the dark, dusty corner of history.
Just my 2 cents.
Dan

• gratefuldawg

Posted July 08, 2003 - 04:36 PM

Hello Razz, I think I am the one your misdirected mental angst should be directed at, if anyone had harsh words for ode, it was I, and I apologize------------------------------- to all whom have had to suffer though your neurotic fury. I am puzzled to you desire to join such a forum. Have you contributed anything useful, jetting advise, suspension help, suggestion on a modification to your bike that has improved performance? Have you received any help that has made your riding experience more pleasurable? From the list of your posts, I have not seen the reason you have joined this forum. What I have seen is you belittle anyone whom "appears" not share your political affiliation, religious belief, or general point of view. Is this belittlement out of insecurity over your own beliefs, frustration over an 86 Yamaha that does not run as good as she used too? I am not sure. Talk to us Razz, we are here for you, what’s troubling you? Has Rush become too bleeding heart for you? Did you lack love as a child? Come on buddy let us know, we care. Hold on I need to get a tissue-------------- O.K. I'm back little buddy, so come on talk to us we can help!

• SMD

Posted July 08, 2003 - 04:48 PM

:D........ :)

• RAZZ

Posted July 09, 2003 - 04:41 AM

gratefuldawg,

It's all-good. I'm getting exactly the reaction I'm looking for, thanks for the genuine concern. My intent was to get in idea of what passion exists to keep trail-riding and if trail-riders are willing to support political candidates. In order to effectively do this I had to throw out some radical views, on both sides, and wait for feedback. I chose this forum because most WR owners use public lands. I truly believe the fight over public lands is being lost. Motocross, Supercross, Freestyle etc. is different; these types of riding will be with use for quite sometime the market demands it.

The point here is passionate ideas equals money and votes to someone looking to run for a congressional seat. Most congressional candidates spend thousands of there own dollars to run a race and don’t like to lose. Thus will not side with unpopular issues. I wouldn’t touch this issue with ten-foot pole. I think Bryan Bosch (ThumperTalk Owner) summed it for most riders on ThumperTalk.

Lastly breaking news and something to think about,Diana DeGetteDenver Democrat First Congressional District plans to reintroduce legislation that will set aside 1.6 million acres of federal and BLM lands in Colorado as wilderness. :D Colorado already has 3.2 million acres of wilderness.

Good luck guys and best wishes. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.