Tusk Enduro light kit flasher question

5 replies to this topic
  • 2in2out

Posted October 27, 2010 - 02:13 PM

So I bought this barely used 2007 WR450 with a BD dual sport kit installed and Stator mod done. I don't care for the BD turn signals or headlight, but I'm diggin' the BD controls more than the Tusk kit.

Anyways, I attempted to install my LED Brakelight/Turn signals without success. Do I have to switch relays too?

William1, you always seem to have answers for these challenging questions. What say you?

• William1

Posted October 27, 2010 - 02:30 PM

Tail light should work fine. Signals will require the appropriate electronic load independant flasher unit.

Am I correct in assuming you are retaining the BD switches, and wiring and just want to change out the lights, right?

• 2in2out

Posted October 27, 2010 - 02:35 PM

Yes, I'll be retaining the BD switches. The taillight didn't work, and neither did the flashers. I'll attempt swapping flasher relays, but I was sure the taillight/brakelight would work. I really just want the low profile LED turn signals, and handguard LED signals.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2in2out

Posted October 27, 2010 - 03:02 PM

I tried the Tusk relay. It works. Thanks.

• JPMartin86

Posted October 27, 2010 - 04:07 PM

I have LED lights on my BD kit, the rear blinkers will turn on but not blink. The front blinkers will not work at all. If i connect the green, red, and orange wires together the front and rear blinkers will turn on but not blink. Is there a specific relay that i need to get my blinkers to work? Two prong? Three prong?

• GCannon

Posted October 27, 2010 - 04:18 PM

I have LED lights on my BD kit, the rear blinkers will turn on but not blink. The front blinkers will not work at all. If i connect the green, red, and orange wires together the front and rear blinkers will turn on but not blink. Is there a specific relay that i need to get my blinkers to work? Two prong? Three prong?

You need a solid state or transistorized Flasher the LED signals will not create enough current (load) to activate the old Thermal style flasher. still has the same number of connections.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.