2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 28, 2001 - 04:40 PM

I know this has probably been asked, but can I just replace the basket with the Hinson or do I have to replace the whole setup?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted February 28, 2001 - 05:14 PM

While replacing the basket, inner hub and even the pressure plate with Hinson stuff will yield you uncompromising durability and improvement in the entire clutch; many members here have stated they experienced a big improvement with just changing out the basket only. I have the basket and inner hub from Hinson and will add the pressure plate later when I can afford it. The inner hub does have extra oiling holes and is machined, not die-cast so it spins truer. If your budjet does not allow though, the basket should be a sufficiant upgrade.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 01, 2001 - 04:26 PM

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.