426 Auto Decomp Cam ?

4 replies to this topic
  • tctrailrider

Posted July 06, 2003 - 03:57 AM

Awhile back there was talk of an aftermarket auto decomp cam for the 426. Has anyone heard of its status?

• BrandonW

Posted July 06, 2003 - 06:38 AM

Hey Denny!

I believe that HOT CAMS was working on an after-market cam that will have gears that are identical to our older bike cam gears/chains, so that their cams are running with less of a mechanical risk that those of us who shoe-horned in the OEM '03 stuff.

(Kendra was in TC lately, and she was going to surprise you with a gift (bottle o' wine from Black Starr) on your doorstep, but she ran out of free-time, and I had previously discarded your address. You got off the hook, THIS TIME!)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted July 06, 2003 - 08:21 AM

Thats the cam I am after, don't want to retrofit the 450 gear in it. Have you heard on a release date? Nice chest, and when you are in Michigan please, please wear a shirt.

• MOmilkman

Posted July 07, 2003 - 03:42 AM

When the Hot Cams are avialable Im down with it too! The only problem Ive heard is that its gonna be a package deal. Meaning that you have to buy the exhaust and intake cams together.

I imagine this will be more expensive than just buying a 03 exhaust cam :)

• BigDesto

Posted July 08, 2003 - 07:01 PM

It was Hot Cams,the question is when??????????? My 450 cam works great!For how long????????????? :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.