Best exhaust for a 09 450F?

17 replies to this topic
  • bodnar44

Posted October 26, 2010 - 12:36 PM

I need some help w/ picking out a good all around exhaust for my 2009 YZ450F.
I want more bottom end and a great sound. I was thinking about the yoshimura RS-2. Any suggestions?

Edited by bodnar44, October 28, 2010 - 11:22 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted October 26, 2010 - 12:54 PM

I need some help w/ picking out a good all around exhaust for my 2009 YZ450F.
I want more bottom end and a great sound (loud). I was thinking about the yoshimura RC-2. Any suggestions?

Why.?

• YamaLink

Posted October 26, 2010 - 02:58 PM

I can't suggest anything for the LOUD part, but Dr. D and Yoshimura both make good systems backed by sweet customer support.

• Steel Panther

Posted October 26, 2010 - 08:57 PM

I have a fmf megabomb/4.1 Ti systrem. It gave a great power gain while smoothin it out as well. its so loud I annoy everyone within a 2 mile radius, which is so totally cool.

• aedwards07

Posted October 26, 2010 - 08:59 PM

Anything will make it feel good compared to the stock one.I would suggest a Yoshimura.

• stroker101

Posted October 30, 2010 - 04:35 AM

at $200, i elected to go with the LEXX MXe slip-on.

• Kasjok

Posted October 30, 2010 - 08:27 AM

I would recommend an MRD exhaust system. Do a search in this forum and you will get more information.

• ORduneguy

Posted October 30, 2010 - 04:04 PM

The fmf megabomb 4.1 Ti system is the best for bottom end and sounds good. 4 guys I know (including me) ride the 09's and 2 of us have the fmf megabomb the other 2 guys have a Yoshi and Pro Circuit and we all agree that the megabomb is way better for the bottom end...Just our opinions though...

• motojase316

Posted October 30, 2010 - 04:37 PM

fmf factory 4.1 Ti with mega bomb works very well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • usp4u

Posted November 05, 2010 - 08:35 AM

its so loud I annoy everyone within a 2 mile radius, which is so totally cool.

well aren't you just cool as all get out. :excuseme:

• Steel Panther

Posted November 05, 2010 - 09:17 AM

well aren't you just cool as all get out. :excuseme:

The op wanted a loud exhaust, which he edited off, and you obviously didnt catch the hint of sarcasm in what I said.:smirk:

• Fabulous

Posted November 08, 2010 - 03:44 PM

I have a Jardine RT system that I got off eBay for cheap!($169 Canadian) It's a full system, and it added a lot to the bottom/ mid of my 08. The sound is about the same as the stock, just more "exotic" I guess. Only downside was that I had to buy an aftermarked guard so I don't burn my pants. My buddy has a stock 06, and he was really impressed with the performance of the pipe on my bike.

• ectm3

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:54 PM

Stay away from dr.d system,the sweep in the header blocks the oil filter.You have to fiddle with it to do a oil change,not a big deal just annoying.Id go with the fmf,their take 20% off deal is the best bang for the buck.

• gscx

Posted December 13, 2010 - 10:14 PM

And even then it is still more expensive than a MRD. FMF is WAY overpriced

• Jim813

Posted December 14, 2010 - 09:17 AM

Stay away from dr.d system,the sweep in the header blocks the oil filter.You have to fiddle with it to do a oil change,not a big deal just annoying.Id go with the fmf,their take 20% off deal is the best bang for the buck.

Leo-Vince complete systems can be bought for around $300, and the quality of their work is well above what I have seen from both FMF and Dr.D lately.

• ectm3

Posted December 14, 2010 - 09:40 AM

When i bought my dr.d ti system the welds looked like they were done by a 2 year old! Its good to know that leo vince produces a good quality product for your buck.So far ive tried the yosh rs-2,fmf 4.1,and the dr.d.Maybe ill look for a leo vince next.....

• Jim813

Posted December 15, 2010 - 09:37 AM

When i bought my dr.d ti system the welds looked like they were done by a 2 year old! Its good to know that leo vince produces a good quality product for your buck.So far ive tried the yosh rs-2,fmf 4.1,and the dr.d.Maybe ill look for a leo vince next.....

I just installed mine yesterday. I'll take a picture when I get a chance, but Im couldn't ask for any better built quality from Leo-Vince. I'm very impressed.:thumbsup:

• yz450girl

Posted December 15, 2010 - 09:19 PM

i have a white brothers on mine (was on bike when i got it) but i would suggest a yoshi. i have had two bikes with yoshi systems on them and for power and sound in my opinion Yoshi is the best. Second would be pro circuit. thats my 2 cents.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.