A bit to loud for the streets....

3 replies to this topic
  • Rune

Posted July 05, 2003 - 09:12 AM

Hi guys,

i bought myself a white brother pro meg exhuast system, it came with 12 disks and a spark arrestor installed. I'm very happy with it, but it's a BIT to loud for the people next door.... Is it possible to quiet it down some db ??
Anyone have a tip for me??

Thanks.

• yamahasocal450

Posted July 05, 2003 - 11:38 AM

yea when you wash it stick on the stock pipe with the exhaust insert... pretty stealthy but i still pissed off my neighbors... other than that try white brothers quiet core insert :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DR.Zaius

Posted July 05, 2003 - 07:59 PM

Put a few less discs in, maybe try 8? With all 12 it's VERY loud, might as well run an open pipe (actually may be louder). Another thing you could do....WB makes a version of the blank (solid) plate that has 2 large holes in it, with a plate that slides open and closed with the turn of a bolt in the middle. You could use that with only a couple discs (5 or 6?), and when you pull away from the neighbors just pull over and open up the endcap, and you have all the power you had before. :)

• Rune

Posted July 06, 2003 - 04:44 AM

Thanks, i'll try to reduce the number of discs first of all. :D But i migtht just have to buy a quiet core insert to avoid any problems with the guy next door and the police. I guess it's better than stock anyway... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.