2010 ktm 300 xcw ignition curve

6 replies to this topic
  • darryl581

Posted October 24, 2010 - 06:01 PM

i know theres a plug under the tank to change the ignition curve just wondering if in the plugged in position (stock ) if its the aggressive curve.

• rick2900

Posted October 24, 2010 - 06:03 PM

Yes, pluged in full power, unpluged is tamed

• cubera

Posted October 25, 2010 - 06:49 AM

I tried the switch and really couldn't tell all that much difference so I took off the switch and reconnected the wires back to stock. I don't do all that much "technical" though.

Be patient with the vid for some good laughs.

• canuckwr250

Posted October 25, 2010 - 03:17 PM

LOL that was painfull to watch,you should never ride alone in that place.You might be better off with your 4stroke,I dont think switching the ignition curve would help you.

• cubera

Posted October 25, 2010 - 07:33 PM

LOL that was painfull to watch,you should never ride alone in that place.You might be better off with your 4stroke,I dont think switching the ignition curve would help you.

:smirk::lol::lol: The 300 chugs really good believe it or not. It'll go some places you would think you could never get back out from and climb some hills you might not want to ride back down:lol::lol: I absolutely despise my 450R in that terrain. It stalls very easily and overheats and can be very hard to re-start. Seriously, I tried the ignition mapping dealio on the 300 and didn't notice any difference. :excuseme:

• trailmeisterjoe

Posted October 25, 2010 - 08:57 PM

the switch is real handy and noticeable in the tight slippery nasty wet stuff.obviously not as effective in open riding.

Joe

• cubera

Posted October 26, 2010 - 03:16 PM

Thanks, Joe. I might put it back on for mountain rides next Summer then.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.