Devol Radiator guards question

3 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted February 27, 2001 - 09:47 PM

Put on the guards Sat to prepare for the next days race at Canyon and of course they did not fit properly!! ugh!!!
The guard itself is fine, but the middle bracket where the two screw holes are, only one hole would line up! :D

On the other side of the bracket (close to the frame) there is no place for it to be retained. These guards were for a 00/01 426.

Had to use a sheet metal screw!!!

Bastards!!!! :)

G

• enmerdeur

Posted February 28, 2001 - 06:14 AM

I have Devols on my 99' 400 and they fit like a glove. They bolt right on to the existing rad mounts. Where did you have to use a sheet metal screw? Are the 426 rads mounted differently than the 400's?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted February 28, 2001 - 06:58 AM

They fit my ’00 perfectly.

I don’t know what you mean by middle bracket, mine just have the guard in front and a brace in back of the radiator. The brace goes to the rear rad. mount on the inside and then bolts to the guard on the outside. You need to mount the brace to the guard first, then the guard to the frame. There should be enough adjustability to fit in almost any situation, mine has slotted holes.

Maybe they changed the design again, I know that their YZ 400 guards mount differently than those for my 426.

• G-Man

Posted March 01, 2001 - 08:34 PM

Thanks guys, I know what I did wrong!!
Doh!!!
There were no illustrations!!! :)

G

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 03-01-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.