06 CDI in an 09

3 replies to this topic
  • downin

Posted October 24, 2010 - 11:36 AM

What is the advantage of running a cdi unit from a 06 450f in an 09 450f? I have seen where people buy them on ebay for there 08s and 09s. What does the cdi do different?

• blakers213

Posted October 24, 2010 - 02:07 PM

Some people don't like the low rpm power, I am one of them. The 06 cdi changes the ignition timing on the low rpms and gives it more power down low. Yamahas theory is it makes it easier to ride without tiring you out and they also say it is just a smoother poerband.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf450319

Posted October 24, 2010 - 02:10 PM

I did the same with my '09, I wanted more bottom/mid power (and I got it). I also put a full exhaust system on, a Boyesen accel. pump cover, and a std. '06 needle jet in the carb - went 1 size bigger on the main as well.

• davbrucas

Posted October 25, 2010 - 03:51 PM

Add the 06 cams and get a bigger gain.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.