2010 rear linkage arm?

8 replies to this topic
  • Pat E

Posted October 23, 2010 - 02:58 PM

I have a '10 450 w/ stock offset, suspension done by Factory Conn. and I'm still having trouble turning and holding an inside line. Sag at 108mm and forks at 4mm up in clamps, as per Fact. Conn. Does anyone have any feedback on the rear linkage offered by Pro Circuit? I've read it helps but I've also heard it doesn't really do much. Any input would be appreciated.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 23, 2010 - 04:47 PM

I would say just try to lean more. I couldnt turn mine real well at first so I had the Del-Taco by SPI put in mine and it helped some but until I started leaning more ......that is where I really noticed.

• mx369

Posted October 23, 2010 - 06:11 PM

Use a Yamalink 1" longer with ride enginering 20 offstets and you will love it. did it to 2010 and 2009 450. WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY BETTTTTTTER

• Scrubba

Posted October 23, 2010 - 08:04 PM

I would say just try to lean more. I couldnt turn mine real well at first so I had the Del-Taco by SPI put in mine and it helped some but until I started leaning more ......that is where I really noticed.

yes i noticed this. we arnt used to a bike alowing us to do this, so we try to ride with the limitations of our older bikes. but the 10 will lean at will. it just needs the input. go ahead and lay it right in there.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phil Hannah

Posted October 24, 2010 - 05:30 AM

Try going to 6mm on the fork tubes and see if that helps. I put the link on mine and it did help. But I believe F/C doesnt recommend the link.

• dynamike

Posted October 24, 2010 - 07:20 AM

I was told by Factory Connection they modify the shock to lower the rear, rather than recommend the link. They say the Yamaha doesn't need the longer link as much as the Honda does, and it also helps to keep the cost down for customers. My 10 suspension was done by another company and I am running the longer link. At 110 sag and the forks 5 up, it will turn inside willingly. I'm still going to experiment with 106-108 to see if it can be even better. As mentioned earlier, the 10 Yamaha really likes to be leaned. Also, play with those clickers up front. If it wants to stand up and climb out of the line from center out, slow the rebound down a click or two. If it resists initiating the turn, soften the compression a click or two.

• cablemonkey334

Posted October 25, 2010 - 03:28 PM

i ve had both done , enzo shorten the shock when i had there stuff installed an then i switch ti pc an they put there link on an returned the shock back to normal length . imo i prefer the link an the pc fork an shock.

• YamaLink

Posted October 25, 2010 - 06:03 PM

The 09 Honda 450 needed an aftermarket connecting rod badly. The Yamaha does very well with the extra leverage; it's not about the lowering entirely. With the new YZF resetting sag to about 100mm as a starting point helps, too, and raise the fork tubes up with a starting point of about 3mm.

Edited by YamaLink, October 25, 2010 - 06:19 PM.

• Chazmagnum

Posted October 26, 2010 - 08:07 AM

Yes lean and apply the power early, you will be rewarded!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.