Zipty fuel screw question

2 replies to this topic
  • FTD

Posted July 04, 2003 - 09:23 AM

Does the right side fuel screw need to be open all the time on the Zipty tank? Isn't it there for when your fuel gets low?
Hoss

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 99-life

Posted July 08, 2003 - 06:24 AM

Not sure on the Zip Ty, but on my Acerbis I don't open the right side. Gasoline gets to the left side no problem. The only time I've opened it I was on reserve.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 08, 2003 - 07:36 AM

Ditto.....Since the stock petcock does not have a reserve setting is it best to leave the right side closed until needed as a reserve to get you back to the truck/trailer if need be. That's what I do with both my Ty-Davis Signature Tanks.... I have found it very helpful on atleast two occaisions when I lost track of time and ran out of gas on the left side of the tank.

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.