WR 08 ProTaper handlebar Spec ?

6 replies to this topic
  • dadspants

Posted October 22, 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hi all,

I am after a set original wr 08 Pro Taper (5xc2611-lo) Yamaha part no, (5xc-lo) printed on the bars. I have a 06 WR but love the feel of the bars on my friends 08 model. I know i will need the conversion kit and that will lift the bars slightly, but being 6ft2" i could do with the bars being lifted anyway.

Apparently the bars on the 08 model are only available from the manurfacturer as, Yamaha own the bend set? I have priced from Yam and they are not cheap so will not be getting them needless to say :excuseme:

I was wondering if any of your know what the same bend set is for the Pro Taper bar, i have read YZ-low ? Or if Renthal do the same bend set :smirk:

Any help welcome :lol:

• jayh300

Posted October 22, 2010 - 06:43 AM

just did that to my 06 wr... these are a set of oe wr bars i bought off ebay with a set of protaper mounts on the stock wr top clamp.. the bolts are a little long, so i had to put one extra washer on them...
i never found the bend on the oe bars either..
Posted Image

• dadspants

Posted October 22, 2010 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Mate,

So it's over to ebay to look out for a set..With regards to the mounts do you happen to know the part number, i like the look of them :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted October 22, 2010 - 07:35 AM

it was these... it says rubber mount, but it is solid to the top clamp..

• dadspants

Posted October 23, 2010 - 12:41 AM

Many thanks, just need to find some bars now !

• dadspants

Posted October 23, 2010 - 12:57 AM

Anyone else know what bars, are the same spec as the oem standard 08 Yam Pro Tapers? Maybe a Renthal equivalent....

Suggestions please :excuseme:

• kawi380

Posted October 23, 2010 - 05:38 PM

I normally run only Renthal Fat Bars in the CR HI bend but the stock WR pro tapers measured almost exactly the same so I left them on the bike and have no complaints whatsoever.. I can't remember what was different but they were real similar.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.