Rear Axle/bearings question 07 WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • WideRatio

Posted October 20, 2010 - 10:03 AM

I picked up an older paddle tire and wheel. It looks like it is pre '99 so it fits a 20 mm axle. Of course, my WR has a 22 mm Axle. Can I just get different bearings and dust covers for the old wheel to fit my axle? Or do I need to find a 20mm axle?

Thanks!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 20, 2010 - 10:24 AM

WideRatio check out this thread...it will answer all your questions :excuseme:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=632582

• WideRatio

Posted October 20, 2010 - 10:33 AM

Sweet! Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WideRatio

Posted October 20, 2010 - 10:49 AM

Bummer, I didn't get my question completely answered. Does any one know if you can use a 20mm axle with '98 wheel and '98 wheel spacers on an '07 swingarm? Kinda seems like it would work, just would have a smaller axle.

• WideRatio

Posted October 20, 2010 - 09:36 PM

Tuff question, huh. I was thinking I could put bronze collars over the 20mm shaft to make it 22mm at the swing arm. Should work, ay?

• WideRatio

Posted October 25, 2010 - 07:08 PM

I was thinking that I could install a bronze bearing on the end up the shaft to make up the difference between the 20 mm shaft and the 22 mm hole. I found a bearing with 20mm ID and 23 mm OD. Not sure what size the axle hole is in the swing arm.

Or, maybe its OK just to plug it in as is. I guess I'll be the first to try this, ay?

Helloooo, anybody here? ECHO Echo echo...... Everyone go to a race somewhere or something? Klunk klunk klunk, this thing on?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 26, 2010 - 06:25 AM

I was thinking that I could install a bronze bearing on the end up the shaft to make up the difference between the 20 mm shaft and the 22 mm hole. I found a bearing with 20mm ID and 23 mm OD. Not sure what size the axle hole is in the swing arm.

Or, maybe its OK just to plug it in as is. I guess I'll be the first to try this, ay?

Helloooo, anybody here? ECHO Echo echo...... Everyone go to a race somewhere or something? Klunk klunk klunk, this thing on?

shoot a PM to grayracer513 he will be able to help ya out :excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.