In need of PVC?

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 09, 2001 - 05:54 PM

Im going to the dunes in a couple weeks to air out the big bad boy. The stock springs were a tad on the soft side last time I went out there and thins time I would like to put some preload on them before I go. Not too much...but not too little. FYI Im 235 lbs.

Do I use washers? Or PVC? I have had people tell me to use both. If washers how many and how thick? If PVC how long should I cut it?

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F
Enduro Heaven

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 09, 2001 - 11:33 PM

I have used washers in the past. The O.D. was just short of the forks I.D.

For lots of slop, I would go with a washer/PVC combo, myself.

Do you need that much preload??

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2001 - 03:50 AM

Well, my forks are pretty soft. Not to mention Im low on fork fluid because the seals are leaking. (why replace them before I go ride in the sand?)
Should I add about 1" of washers and try that and see how it feels? (not to mention adding some fluid) I dont want to over-do it.

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F
Enduro Heaven

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.