AmadorsWRvsXR

2 replies to this topic
  • XR650RFIRE

Posted February 24, 2001 - 03:12 PM

Dear MR Amador,
I do agree with you, the WR is a great bike that in some cases can beat the XR. I do feel that I do know what the crap I am talking about however. When I was in the process of buying my new bike I did research on both the WR and the XR, I even rode both. I thought the WR was a great bike it had alot more torqe than the XR. But in the end I had to go with the reliability, and the better riding XR. I feel that the WR has not yet proven to be a reliable bike, and Honda's XR line has shown to be reliable through the years. In a few years it is very possible that I will buy a WR depending on the reveiws, as I said I was very impressed with it's responsiveness,but for now it's got to be the XR for me. We can go back and forth about our bike's for days and days but in the end it comes down to one thing we all have in common. We all love to ride and in the end it does'nt matter what bike we ride just as long as we keep riding.
PEACE BROTHER

[This message has been edited by XR650RFIRE (edited 02-24-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kmcbride

Posted February 24, 2001 - 04:23 PM

If this is how you feel, why post such a "flame" on this forum?

"I just had to let you all know that I spanked a 00 426 today on my 01 650R and I liked it alot. HAHAHAHA"

I spend must of my time reading all the good info on this sight and only posting if I can add something pertinent or helpful to other riders. Please save your rhetoric for an audience that gives a *#@%.

[This message has been edited by kmcbride (edited 02-24-2001).]

• XR650RFIRE

Posted February 24, 2001 - 05:38 PM

I posted this "flame" on the YZF forum to get a rise out of the YZF crew. It was meant to be tooken in a humorous manner,I was not trying to hurt the YZF/WR riders feelings. You people take this sport too serious, lighten up and have some fun.

[This message has been edited by XR650RFIRE (edited 02-24-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.