'07 BAR RISERS: Up AND Forward?

28 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 16, 2010 - 02:47 PM

:smirk:

Having trouble finding Bar Risers for my 2007 450 that go forward 1/2" or so and up 1" to 1.5".

I've tried the standard bar risers (ProTaper), but these kind of risers pull the bars closer in as the go up, do to the angle on the triple clamp.

It's cramped enough already!

Already looked at:

Moose
TAG
Enduro Engineering
ProTaper
BRP
Bonz

TIA

• tribalbc

Posted October 16, 2010 - 04:15 PM

These are the only ones I know that go a little forward.
http://www.yamahaspo...bar-mounts.aspx
5mm, not much, same for the rise. I just have the cheap Tusk risers for a couple inches rise, then put my bars forward to +1-2 position.

• shrubitup

Posted October 16, 2010 - 04:17 PM

You have checked the rest now check the best.

http://www.barrisersonline.com/

If you have standard bars anyway.

• tribalbc

Posted October 16, 2010 - 04:21 PM

You have checked the rest now check the best.

If you have standard bars anyway.

Thos look awesome but they don't fit 1 1/8 bars, stock on the 07 up WR. I emailed buddy in the past too and he says he doesn't have enough demand to make 1 1/8 :smirk:

• shrubitup

Posted October 16, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Thos look awesome but they don't fit 1 1/8 bars, stock on the 07 up WR. I emailed buddy in the past too and he says he doesn't have enough demand to make 1 1/8 :smirk:

I believe Renthal twinwalls are standard and plenty tough too. May hafta go to those with this setup.

Krannie, what about the Pro Taper accutrax triple clamp that moves them forward? I have that and the RM risers on my YZ250F with oversize bars.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 16, 2010 - 05:25 PM

I believe Renthal twinwalls are standard and plenty tough too. May hafta go to those with this setup.

Krannie, what about the Pro Taper accutrax triple clamp that moves them forward? I have that and the RM risers on my YZ250F with oversize bars.

The Barisers look interesting, but no 1.125" version. A bit to far forward perhaps?

Not buying new top clamps. I'll just get a flatter bar bend for more forward, if no other options....

It's odd, because the up/forward risers for stock triple clamps are made for KTM, Honda, Suzuki, Husky, etc, etc.

WTFrigginF?

• BigBelly

Posted October 18, 2010 - 09:06 AM

I put the aluminum bar risers on my '07 from Rocky Mountain ATV (I think). They are branded as "Tusk" if I am not mistaken. Best money I have spent on this bike. Really inexpensive and the change is pretty dramatic!

• meanxr

Posted October 19, 2010 - 05:41 AM

I did the same as BigBelly. Very satisfied with them.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 19, 2010 - 01:20 PM

I think you mean these. Certainly inexpensive enough.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=120552654063

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 19, 2010 - 01:45 PM

I think you mean these. Certainly inexpensive enough........

Yes, but they are cheaper from RM...

http://www.rockymoun...dFamilyId=25849

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • miweber929

Posted October 20, 2010 - 04:18 AM

Try the Rox Risers; dual sport guys use them all the time.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 26, 2010 - 07:40 AM

Here might be another option...

http://www.rswracing.com/yz450f.htm

• Micahdogg

Posted October 27, 2010 - 06:16 AM

I just found these at Rocky Mountain the other day and think they may be what you are looking for.

Posted Image

The description doesn't make much sense to me, "The Rox Pro-Offset block Risers raise your bars straight up 1 1/4" (vertical) or up 1" and back 1" when installed the other direction."

It think they mean the rise is 1-1/4 AND +1 or -1 inch. In the + direction it may be just what you are looking for.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 27, 2010 - 11:24 AM

I just found these at Rocky Mountain the other day and think they may be what you are looking for.

Posted Image

The description doesn't make much sense to me, "The Rox Pro-Offset block Risers raise your bars straight up 1 1/4" (vertical) or up 1" and back 1" when installed the other direction."

It think they mean the rise is 1-1/4 AND +1 or -1 inch. In the + direction it may be just what you are looking for.

WOW, those are very cool. Might be a bit too forward though............I'll check it out.

• mikesbaron

Posted January 16, 2011 - 04:24 PM

• d4yton

Posted January 16, 2011 - 04:28 PM

http://www.roxspeedf...i?subcat_id=268

these might work?

• mikesbaron

Posted January 16, 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'm not a big fan of the Rox risers. They are just too much metal and ugly looking. Plus me personally, I'd prefer something more solidly mounted as I sometimes race desert. I think those Rox ones wouldn't do too well in a desert crash.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 18, 2011 - 10:15 AM

Krannie, not sure how tall you are, but at 6' even this is what worked for me. I went with the stackable Tusk risers and ultimately used the full stack. On those I mounted Pro Tapers with the Pastrana FMX bend. I believe those bars were the tallest available unless you go with an atv bend, which might be kind of weird, not sure. I really like the bend of the bars, feels pretty natural. Feels pretty good standing, but just a little bit funny sitting as I probably need a taller seat now. I believe there are also some lower pegs out there that will help as well. With these risers plus the bars I'm pretty much at the limit of some of my cables and had to do a little rerouting of the throttle cables to make it work.

I agree that the bars need to be further forward on the WR. The YZ's have the adjustable top clamps to allow this, but not the WR. I thought about going that direction as well, but I wanted to keep my stock odo and that wasn't going to be possible. I also tried rotating the bars forward in the clamps past the center position and just going to the next position instantly made the bike feel really squirrely. In the soft stuff (washes etc) it almost felt unridable that way so I went back.

• d4yton

Posted January 19, 2011 - 04:35 PM

Krannie, not sure how tall you are, but at 6' even this is what worked for me. I went with the stackable Tusk risers and ultimately used the full stack. On those I mounted Pro Tapers with the Pastrana FMX bend. I believe those bars were the tallest available unless you go with an atv bend, which might be kind of weird, not sure. I really like the bend of the bars, feels pretty natural. Feels pretty good standing, but just a little bit funny sitting as I probably need a taller seat now. I believe there are also some lower pegs out there that will help as well. With these risers plus the bars I'm pretty much at the limit of some of my cables and had to do a little rerouting of the throttle cables to make it work.

I agree that the bars need to be further forward on the WR. The YZ's have the adjustable top clamps to allow this, but not the WR. I thought about going that direction as well, but I wanted to keep my stock odo and that wasn't going to be possible. I also tried rotating the bars forward in the clamps past the center position and just going to the next position instantly made the bike feel really squirrely. In the soft stuff (washes etc) it almost felt unridable that way so I went back.

+1 on those Pro Taper: Pastrana FMX rise. They feel amazing when standing , best money spent on a handlebar.

• JDLowrance

Posted January 21, 2011 - 12:42 PM

Yamah GYT-R risers. They go forward 5mm and up 5mm (I made some 10mm spacers).

Get a KX HI Protaper bar (tallest normal bar out there and they have less sweep). Works well.

John

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.