Fuel screw?

4 replies to this topic
  • KasperMX

Posted February 24, 2001 - 06:32 AM

Where can I find a screw driver small enough to fit under there?What do you guys use?

• dirtdad

Posted February 24, 2001 - 06:51 AM

I use a neat little tool made by motion pro made specifically for the FCR carb. It comes with 3 attachements and a little carrying case for around $12.00. I got mine from Chaparral. There's also one made by Pro-Tec priced around $15.00. I think White Brothers carries both also. Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted February 24, 2001 - 09:35 AM

I made my own with a short hex flathead (the kind they sell for putting into drills)and a brass compression nut. I pressed the hex end into the compression fitting. Voila instant fuel screw driver. I painted one sde of the nut so I can determine rotations. I am into it for about $1.20!
fershy

• Bill

Posted February 24, 2001 - 03:00 PM

You can also use a bit from a electric screwdriver, but as posted, put some paint on it, so you can tell how many revolutions you turn it.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• aag800

Posted February 24, 2001 - 06:12 PM

I put a 6mm x 1" long bolt to the grinder to make it a flat head. The paint thing too.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.