Crappy rims

6 replies to this topic
  • GasGas17

Posted October 15, 2010 - 09:38 AM

What's everyone replacing these piece of shit Excel rims with? Only a few ride and bent already.:smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted October 15, 2010 - 10:07 AM

Nice attitude. Three years of desert racing and mine are still dead straight.

Aftermarket Excels are a higher level of strength and quality than the OEM stuff, and are some of the best rims available.

You might want to revise your suspension, riding style, or replace your tire pressure gauge.

• Gizler00

Posted October 15, 2010 - 11:55 AM

Nice attitude. Three years of desert racing and mine are still dead straight.

Aftermarket Excels are a higher level of strength and quality than the OEM stuff, and are some of the best rims available.

You might want to revise your suspension, riding style, or replace your tire pressure gauge.

I totally with gray racer! I have had bikes that went through hell and back and the rims are dead straight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted October 15, 2010 - 03:39 PM

Dude it must be the weather - I have all stock rims and most at the track are all stock. Maybe it is your loose spokes.

• GasGas17

Posted October 15, 2010 - 04:53 PM

Actually I have snugged up the spokes after the first few rides as the wheels were built pretty loose. The norm for a new bike. I don't think I'm any more abusive on bikes than the next guy and look after my bikes very well thanks. I run heavy duty tubes and 12-14 psi normally. I have had excel wheels before on the gas gas that I raced for 5 years with no problems. I have heard that the OEM stuff is a lower grade but I don't think I have any hits on these wheels that were that bad to be honest. I guess after being used to the gas gas stuff being heavy duty compared to the Japanese bikes that these wheels are a bit of a let down. That or I just hit something really hard and don't remember. Anyways, I see lots of guys around here with bent excel wheels and just don't think that they live up to their marketing. I wish I could still buy the DID U-rims as they were by far the strongest rim on the market and made for really easy tire changes too. Has anyone here upgraded to the newer style dirt star's ?

• Polar_Bus

Posted October 16, 2010 - 03:20 AM

What's everyone replacing these piece of shit Excel rims with? Only a few ride and bent already.:smirk:

Next time maintain your spoke torque and then you will realize that Excel rims are arguably the best out there....

• davcon

Posted October 16, 2010 - 04:22 AM

This is more for others than the OP. I raced the Virginia City GP in 09..with my 08. The course ran down Sutro Canyon which is all rocks! Basically, the whole race was nothing but rocks. Finished 8th overall (Novice day) so going at a pretty good pace. 15 lbs of pressure and heavy duty tubes. I got one dent in the rear, none in the front. I still remember the place it happened, it was a square edged something that nearly threw me off the bike! No flat which really amazes me. Anyway, good rims, no complaints.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.