WR 450 2011 updates

6 replies to this topic
  • pHreaC

Posted October 15, 2010 - 01:15 AM

Besides new graphics, has anything changed between the 2008 and the 2011 Yamaha WR450F?

I've read something about inner clutch basket... (not sure if it's true, and if it is, is the old one bad-as in under warranty replacement?)

They are selling 2008's cheap(er) here in Belgium and I really want a WR

Probably they need to get rid off them before model year 2012.
:smirk: A brand new FI WR450 maybe...

thx for advice

pHreaC

ps: is uncorking still the same as for the 2006 model?

• YamaLink

Posted October 15, 2010 - 03:51 AM

I'd get an 08 for a screaming deal!

• duggram

Posted October 15, 2010 - 05:08 AM

I got a new '08 this week and saved $1850 off the new '08 price. The '11 has a higher MSRP. Seems like a good deal to me, especially if the '08 and '11 are the same bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted October 15, 2010 - 06:31 AM

Besides new graphics, has anything changed between the 2008 and the 2011 Yamaha WR450F?

I've read something about inner clutch basket... (not sure if it's true, and if it is, is the old one bad-as in under warranty replacement?)

They are selling 2008's cheap(er) here in Belgium and I really want a WR

Probably they need to get rid off them before model year 2012.
:smirk: A brand new FI WR450 maybe...

thx for advice

pHreaC

ps: is uncorking still the same as for the 2006 model?

It's identical to the '08 except for graphics. Buy the '08. The uncorking is a little different on the '07 - present. It's easier than the earlier models. I used a JD kit for the jetting and made my own block off plate for the head connection. The rest is just rubber caps as I recall. No kit really needed.

On a side note where in Belgium are you located? Is there off road riding in Europe? I'll be in Eindhoven in a couple of weeks for work. Always wondered if there's any place to ride over there.

• pHreaC

Posted October 15, 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm located in the province Antwerp.
These days it's hard to do some legal off road riding. Motocross, the sport we are famous for (several world champions - last Stefan Everts) is becoming a problem as well.

The government keeps on closing circuits due to surrounding neighbours complaining about the noise and environmentalists.

If you want to ride some Enduro in Europe, Western Europe certainly is not the place to be. I would refer you to the eastern European countries were enduro still lives: Poland-Hungary or South Europe: Spain-Portugal etc... anywhere but the Netherlands-Belgium.

When visiting Eindhoven you coulf visit Honda Park in Balen-Olmen it's not to far of a drive, this is one of three circuits still open to the public.

BACK ON TOPIC:

were there no major changes or no changes at all... I have heard from the inner basket replacement for the clutch... so some updates must have been made.
perhaps suspension valving??

all info is welcome

grtz

pHreaC

• PBDBLUE

Posted October 15, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the europe info. As far as I know there are no changes nor have I heard of any problems with the clutch baskets with the 07 -10's. The 2011 Yamaha website doesn't show anything new.

• xcountryfreak

Posted October 15, 2010 - 05:01 PM

I saw a magazine at the grocery store, Dirt Bike I think it was. The latest issue has an article about the 2011 Yamaha dirt bikes and differences between 2010 and 2011.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.