Vegas to Reno-My expierence....... Photos

32 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted July 03, 2003 - 10:19 AM

Congrats Dan !!!! You still be tha man !!!! :)

I am in such awe of you. You are living most, if not all, of our dreams ! Keep up the consistency. We all know you are going to win ! Paul, I am with you, I would really like to meet and ride with you one day. I can bring up the rear with Paul and help him with opening them beers. :D

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cary family. Hopefully, the Cary's know their loved one passed doing what he loved to do and can somehow gain strength and closeness from their great loss.

Again, good going Dan !
Fryboy

• MOmilkman

Posted July 03, 2003 - 11:40 AM

Just exactly what is the total mileage from Vegas to Reno?

And do you have to ride back home too? :)

Sorry for the stupid questions but Im just a midwesterner thats used to 10 mile loop HS and Enduros that dont take 10 minutes to get back to the truck if something fails.

• DesertChris

Posted July 03, 2003 - 12:27 PM

The guys I race with were in it too #211 250 expert as a team, I believe they placed third in class. The race was around 560 miles with 14 pit stops. It was just as much a race for the pit crew as it was for the racers. There was around 50 to 70 miles in between pits. The race course shared a section that we had a race on back in April. Our hare scrambles and hare and hounds out here are 70 to 100 miles with loops being 35+ miles. Congrats Dan on your well deserved finish! :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 03, 2003 - 01:38 PM

Chris says:

"The guys I race with were in it too #211 250 expert as a team, I believe they placed third in class.

It was just as much a race for the pit crew as it was for the racers.

There was around 50 to 70 miles in between pits."

Chris, You are on the money!! I reset my dads GPS's trip computer right before the race, It read 112mph as being the top speed of his truck just getting to the pits, he barely made them...

#211, I know Jonathan Martinez!! His mom and I are good friends... She always cheers for me at every finish (she's the official scorer) His Dad JC is the coolest (because he has a WR426 :))

Posted Image
Those SOB's beat me by 20 minutes :D

Darin, The race was exactly 513 miles. It's a one way trip from the Las Vegas area to Reno. When you get there you're done, there's no riding back (but that would make things more interesting if you did).

• PMAUST

Posted July 03, 2003 - 02:12 PM

Oh NO!?!?! You mean somebody on one of these beat you? :)
Posted Image

Darn orange bikes anyway! :D You wouldn't catch me riding one of those things! :D :D

• Dan_from_HB

Posted July 03, 2003 - 06:59 PM

Oh NO!?!?! You mean somebody on one of these beat you? :)
Posted Image

Darn orange bikes anyway! :D You wouldn't catch me riding one of those things! :D :D

Paul, you just love to stir the s**t!
Now, be a nice boy and congratulate Daniel on a job well done.
We know you're nursing some sore ribs. Be careful what you say. Don't make him come up there...........
Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PMAUST

Posted July 04, 2003 - 04:32 AM

Paul, you just love to stir the s**t!
Now, be a nice boy and congratulate Daniel on a job well done.
We know you're nursing some sore ribs. Be careful what you say. Don't make him come up there...........
Dan

:) Yes sir!
Dang, who let the Scout Master in? :D

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 04, 2003 - 06:26 AM

For the record, I love the orange bikes...... :) :D

• DesertChris

Posted July 04, 2003 - 08:17 AM

Theme to "It's a Small Word" playing in the background. Sound we'll end up meeting one day Dan, JC is the president of our racing association (MRAN motorcycle racing association of Nevada). I helped the team pack up for the race and intended on helping pit but it was the third race weekend in a row and couldn't make it. Jc wants to ride my bike to see what difference all the tuning I have done makes, so I am sure I will be tweeking his bike relatively soon.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted July 04, 2003 - 11:28 AM

That's right.
Just remember, the Scoutmaster may not always be right. But he's still the Scoutmaster!
Paul, what's the best time between Sept and December to do Stoneyford?
Dan L, are you in?
Dan

• PMAUST

Posted July 04, 2003 - 11:45 AM

October - November is good. Not so hot! And, if we get a little rain it will be premo. :)

• WR250fla

Posted July 05, 2003 - 05:32 AM

Hey Dan, my woodruff key broke twice. One for me and once for you, so you should be good to go. I put my new starter in and it cranks better than new. I think our four year old will be riding orange after next x-mas.

• BrandonW

Posted July 06, 2003 - 04:54 AM

Hey Dan, I know what you mean, chasing those Bozarth's sure is a hard work!

1. Phil Stevens
2. Guy Perrett (Participating member of the Natty Light Night!)
12. Rick Bozarth
117. Tammi Bozarth KTM 200cc
118. Kenny Downs XR600
119. Ryan Walker KTM 400
120. Roll/Smythe KDX220/WR250
121. Mark Hopsecger KTM250
122. Mike Jorgenson YZ250F
123. Eric Sateren KTM520EXC
124. Brandon Whallon WR400 :D
344 Christopher Duenas CRF150

:)

*(OverAll results from Desert 100, conducted by Stumpjumpers MC Club in Odessa, WA 4/13/03)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.