2010 YZ450 cams?

9 replies to this topic
  • tony b

Posted October 12, 2010 - 04:40 PM

Was wondering if anyone had tried different cams in their bike. I am considering the gytr setup to trade some low end for top. I have tried different maps but never came up with anything that I was truely happy with.

• dreid32

Posted October 12, 2010 - 05:22 PM

I have the gytr ported cylinder head which comes with the gytr camshafts and i also bought the gytr high comp piston. Unfortuneatly I need reconstructive knee surgery from a crash that happened a couple days before the parts arrived. I wish I could have tried it out!

• Troutman

Posted October 12, 2010 - 06:26 PM

You can get a stainless full Yosh system for uder $500. That opened the top end right up. Mine revs to the moon now. The stock system chokes out the top end.

• cablemonkey334

Posted October 12, 2010 - 06:37 PM

I have the gytr cams an a full yosh ti system with the pim2 an data box this setup rip on top:ride:

• todds924

Posted October 12, 2010 - 07:19 PM

You can get a stainless full Yosh system for uder $500. That opened the top end right up. Mine revs to the moon now. The stock system chokes out the top end.

Where you get one for under 5?...thats a stainless/aluminum? I see they make a stainless/aluminum slip on for the 10 also.
That would probably be just as good. Its the stock yz muffler thats the problem?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted October 12, 2010 - 07:19 PM

Im running a Yosh with a ported head,and some custom cams crower made for us and the bike just has amazing power now.

• jimjim180

Posted October 12, 2010 - 10:07 PM

I have the gytr cams an a full yosh ti system with the pim2 an data box this setup rip on top:ride:

hey cablemonkey334,did those cams just bolt right in to your stock head?,did you use the hi comp piston? what is a pim2 an data box..thanks

• tony b

Posted October 13, 2010 - 11:24 AM

[quote name='cablemonkey334']I have the gytr cams an a full yosh ti system with the pim2 an data box this setup rip on top:ride:[/QUOTE

I have a DR.D pipe and was planning on adding a power commander V with autotune. I have talked to a few people but no one had any solid answers. Did you add these mods all at once or one at a time? I was really curiouse about the cams.

• Troutman

Posted October 14, 2010 - 01:03 PM

Todd, yes the stainless/aluminum full system. It comes with a carbon fiber end cap which looks pretty tight. I got mine new on e-bay (Bio-hazzard cycles) for $475 and I have seen them as low as $440. You will also want to buy the open end insert ($30?)to get the full monty, it comes with the spark arrestor insert.

• cablemonkey334

Posted October 16, 2010 - 09:45 PM

no i add one pc at a time to see what worked . an i still have the stock piston in . with the yosh an pim2 set up the bikes a rocket. oh yeh the gytr cams too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.