Attention Pacific Northwest Riders

7 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted April 09, 2001 - 04:48 PM

Those who havent ridden the Goodnoe Hills track and GP course, SHOULD.
I rode it on Sunday, 6 mile loops, through the mx track and GP course, and it was excellent. Its a golf course on steriods.
Info can be found through the Trailsmen website, see oregon offroad events calendar.
Theres nothing like pinning running through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, while shooting up a 200' hill that steep as hell but wide open grass.
I had to much fun, cant wait to go again.
:) :D :D

• Rick_Graham

Posted April 09, 2001 - 05:37 PM

links?
Inquiering minds want to know!

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted April 09, 2001 - 07:35 PM

Riding the WR beside the ZigZag river :) Sounds like a great time.
...and coming from where different sizes of shale rule the day... 3rd & 4th gear grassy hillside are but a dream-scape.

Do you know much about the backroads around your area? I'm passing through on my street bike in a couple of months (Calgary - Monterey)and I'm looking for some twisties to take me from the northeast part of Washington/Oregon over to the coast south of Portland. Got any ideas? ...any remote un-policed high-speed (along the ZigZag river) -type roads :D

thanks. :D
Neil

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 10, 2001 - 05:36 AM

Oatmeal, how do I get there? I'm planning a ride this Saturday and it sounds fun!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2001 - 07:42 AM

Neil......In Oregon, heading south on highway 97, turn west on highway 138, it is just what you want. It will take you to I-5, then go south to highway 42, that will take you to highway 101. Be careful, but have fun. Is that possible?

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 10, 2001 - 04:15 PM

Directions from Portland, OR?

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted April 10, 2001 - 05:58 PM

Check this out http://www.teleport....law/otbg gp.htm

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted April 12, 2001 - 05:30 AM

Hi there...

yep, that road past Crater Lake is pretty damn fine. :D I took it a couple of years back and enjoyed the 100mph rip through the trees coming down from the lake :)

thanks for the help.

Neil

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.