Need some help.

1 reply to this topic
  • aggiezx7

Posted October 11, 2010 - 01:00 PM

I just purchased a 2003 YZ 450F. Bike has a rekluse clutch installed on it. We were out trail riding and I noticed that I had to give it quite a bit of gas to get it going, as we neared the end of the trail, in a deep sand area; I lost all forward movement. After that the clutch would not disengage. I can shift into the gears but clutch won't disengage. I'm not real familiar with the rekluse clutch and would like some recommendations before I start tearing the thing apart.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Smokeslider

Posted October 12, 2010 - 11:09 AM

check freeplay still exists in the clutch lever at idle...... if so then tear apart. The only thought with the clutch lever is that the adjustment thingy loosened up on you. Otherwise you'll have to take a look at the clutch.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.