01 WR 426 is flooding out when starting:

3 replies to this topic
  • fav028

Posted October 11, 2010 - 06:45 AM

Lately my 426 has been more difficult to start and ends up leading a lot a gas from the carb. After kicking it over for about 5 minutes I end up laying it over on its side to let the gas run out. Then it usually starts. But lately that hasn’t even been working. The only way it would start last time was using the ‘Hot Start’ even when it was cold. I’m not much of a mechanic so any advice?

• William1

Posted October 11, 2010 - 07:05 AM

Check the float height and float needle valve.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted October 11, 2010 - 12:56 PM

Also on the earlier models, while you are checking the float height, you will need to remove the float needle seat and replace the o-ring. It leaks fuel around the outside of the needle seat when the o-ring gets old and brittle.

WR Dave

• William1

Posted October 11, 2010 - 02:35 PM

FCR float needle seat oring 8F2-14147-00

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.