Almost no-hours '07 WR450 FOR $3000.00

26 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 10, 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'm checking it out in the am.

• Akamatsu

Posted October 12, 2010 - 06:02 AM

I'm guessing you got it as you are just started another thread looking for WR suspension advice?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 12, 2010 - 06:41 AM

I'm guessing you got it as you are just started another thread looking for WR suspension advice?

Yes.

Posted Image

• Akamatsu

Posted October 12, 2010 - 06:46 AM

Very nice.. Looks brand new.

• atitagain

Posted October 12, 2010 - 08:17 AM

Congrats! I remember when mine looked that nice. Now....go get her dirty!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 12, 2010 - 09:00 AM

So... how much lighter feeling is the 07 over the 03 that you had?

I wouldn't mind a lighter feeling bike with the same motor, but I am scared to give up what I got because the 05's are really good bikes.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 12, 2010 - 09:05 AM

So... how much lighter feeling is the 07 over the 03 that you had?

I wouldn't mind a lighter feeling bike with the same motor, but I am scared to give up what I got because the 05's are really good bikes.

Having both an 06 and 08 WR's (steal vs Aluminum frame) both setup with the same mods (exhaust, suspension, stabilizer etc) If you placed me on either one at any given time, I HONESTLY can not tell a difference. They both ride and handle the same :smirk:

I think a lot of people try to justify the 07+ bikes as being better but IMHO they only "look" better :p

• Bandit9

Posted October 12, 2010 - 10:22 AM

Nice pick up Krannie.

Coop, I think you are right. Some might say the steel frames are a little more forgiving and not as stiff. I can't tell a difference while riding. The 07+ definetly look better. Especially your 08. That is a well done bike.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 12, 2010 - 11:03 AM

I think a lot of people try to justify the 07+ bikes as being better but IMHO they only "look" better :smirk:

I suspected that any difference would be insufficient to justify getting rid of my 05 which I know like the back of my hand. After 5 years of riding and racing, I finally put a new piston in 6 months ago. Valves are the same because they are still in spec. Only one needed to be shimmed in all these years.

It looks like its been ridden hard though. I may just do a frame up reconditioning job on it and ride it for another 5 years. Its not like I'll be able to sell it for a lot of money.

I think all the WR's are good no matter what the year.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Haven't ridden it much yet.
Suspension is WAY TOO SOFT to be really ridden much. (260lb/6'3").
Sag won't set properly with my weight.
Boingers go out to Factory Connection on Monday.
Going to give it a try at Rowher this weekend.

It immediately felt lighter than the '03. Obviously lower center of gravity. Forks are much smoother in action. Motor runs quieter, power is about the same, but it starts a bit later in the rpms. All of the controls, hoses, cables, fittings, etc are MUCH better than the '03. Higher visible build quality is evident everywhere. Easily as good fit and finish as a CRF.
Turns very well, very light feel. Very un-CRF-like.

Came with:
- uncorked/unstopped
- Two Brothers full pipe
- Uni filter
- grey wire
- JD jet kit (not sure what yet)
- Brand new (unmounted) 120/90 739 Dunlop
- 723 miles on the Odometer

I don't think the motor is even broken in yet...............:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:57 PM

very nice bike krannie....

• rcmx67

Posted October 13, 2010 - 08:28 PM

nice snag

• t-rev8

Posted October 14, 2010 - 06:48 AM

fyi there is no odometer on these bikes

• mountainman

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:26 AM

If you ride a 06 and then jump on your 07 you will notice the difference in the front end of the bike - big difference - better feel - you will see

• KennyMc

Posted October 14, 2010 - 09:18 AM

fyi there is no odometer on these bikes

:smirk::confused:

• BigBanger

Posted October 14, 2010 - 10:08 AM

:smirk::confused:

There is no odometer that stores the total milage covered just a resettable trip meter at least that seems to be how mine works...

• KennyMc

Posted October 14, 2010 - 10:22 AM

There is no odometer that stores the total milage covered just a resettable trip meter at least that seems to be how mine works...

Yeah, I know, it goes into the 1'000's. Does anyone know when it rolls over back to 0? I do know it resets to 0 when you have a power drop:banghead:

• SXP

Posted October 14, 2010 - 11:20 AM

I believe the Canadian versions have a proper odometer - it keeps your cumulative mileage and does not reset.

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 14, 2010 - 12:32 PM

Why the BD headlight? Was it plated?

Where is the stock headlight.... other than that it looks like you got a real peach not just someones polished up turd...

• Sycamore

Posted October 14, 2010 - 01:24 PM

Wow 3k? Is that the going price or did you get a good deal? I was thinking of selling my 07 at 4k since I dont use it that much. I'll keep it if I can only get 3k for it. I have about 50 hours on it..most all of it is easy miles.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.