Which link bearings?.. OEM, Pivot or All balls?

4 replies to this topic
  • xrberg

Posted October 10, 2010 - 09:46 AM

Just curious to know what you brand you guys use for lower link replacement needle bearing kits?
Can these be ordered from a bearing supply house?.. I see no numbers.
If aftermarket would you go All balls or Pivot... don't want crap but if the imports are ok I'll go that way

opinions appreciated

• tech24

Posted October 11, 2010 - 05:28 AM

I use pivot works mostly since it comes with everthing in one package. Never had a problem. I grease them with amsoil heavy duty offroad grease and they last a long time. I have used allballs once on a quad and seemed quality except it came with plastic thrust washers instead of ones with bearings so never used again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted October 11, 2010 - 08:54 AM

OEM will be the first choice of many and they do cost more.
There are some junk bearing options but the two you chose have had good reliability. Once in a great batch there will be a junker, but to say OEM is perfect all the time is not true.

You can call with the oem number and get an aftermarket match.

• Gizler00

Posted October 11, 2010 - 09:32 PM

I would go with Pivot Works bearings. I have always used them and had alot of luck. Just as good as OEM in my opinion

• slow hand

Posted October 12, 2010 - 08:36 AM

Yep, go with Pivot Works.

I made the mistake of trying some All Balls one time, and the needle bearings didn't even come with the styrofoam packing in them. Therefore, one or two of the needles fell out during shipping!

With the styro-packed ones, you can confidently install them without worrying about the needles falling out. Then, once installed, you can take the styro packing out and pack with waterproof grease.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.