Throttle tube with least friction for 2010?

6 replies to this topic
  • aedwards07

Posted October 10, 2010 - 08:39 AM

Whats the best aluminum tube to get for a 2010?Im looking for the least ammount of friction and after ruining the day by breaking a plastic one I dont want another one.

Is the protaper twister style with the bearing in the end the best style to get?Seems like it would be awesome until you got dirt and sand in the bearing.Is that a problem or not really?Or is the G2 style one better with how it just runs on 2 small teflon inserts in the bar?Do they wear out?Any other good options?The hammerhead one looks interesting but they give 0 info on it.

• Davey762

Posted October 10, 2010 - 10:29 AM

I have the regular basic aluminum pro taper throttle tube and have 45 hours on it... great so far, havent even taken it off to lube it up or anything.

• andy250

Posted October 10, 2010 - 11:09 AM

My experience with aluminum throttle tubes is that they are no more durable than plastic tubes. Maybe even less - they tend to pinch or bend Instead of cracking. I'd recommend just keeping an extra plastic throttle tube in the tool box just in case.

In my opinion plastic tubes, work better than aluminum. There's a reason many aluminum tubes use plastic bushings on the inside of the tube.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Steel Panther

Posted October 10, 2010 - 11:47 AM

The protaper twister tube is amazing, ive had mine since january and still feels as smooth as new.

• Guntoter534

Posted October 10, 2010 - 07:58 PM

THe zipty racing long throttle tube kit. It has a ball bearing in it and has no friction.

• 95s10nj

Posted October 11, 2010 - 04:51 AM

I have had the protaper twister on my 10 yz450f since spring and it still feels just as smooth as new. Just make sure you get the adapter if you are running any other bar other than protapers.

• Steel Panther

Posted October 11, 2010 - 09:13 AM

I have had the protaper twister on my 10 yz450f since spring and it still feels just as smooth as new. Just make sure you get the adapter if you are running any other bar other than protapers.

The same adapter will work with almost all 1 1/8 bars except the twin walls.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.