Show pics of your 2010/-11 YZ450F !

99 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:09 AM

I knew it was adjustable, that's why I'm interested in them. I didn't know about the mounts. Which makes me super interested in them. So where can I get them in the US? If anyone even knows?

Did you contact Dave Johnson? He's a US X Trig dealer.

Um...

• Cable Stretcher

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:13 AM

I also like the factory look, I just can't afford to KEEP it like that. I will probably stick with my 10 and freshen it up over the winter but here in Oklahoma we can ride almost all winter long. If I put plastics and grafics on my bike, I can not afford to replace them if they get scratched, if they are on there they are on there for a year or till it breaks. Much less for forks/tripple clamps/ect...

• almostinvincible119

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:05 AM

Did you contact Dave Johnson? He's a US X Trig dealer.

But, just for the sake of the argument, why would you need one on a 2010?

Sorry Cowboy, didn't see this post.

And Gray, I hate the top clamps on the YZ, They must not have used the counter-balancer they had in the 06 on this new engine because it vibrates like hell. The bike, to me feels like it under-steers, or wants to push out of a line. NOT TO BE CONFUSED with my 06, where it stood up in every turn it was put in, this bike does not do this. It just seems to plow almost when initiating a turn. Its an odd feeling, and it's definitely not rider error, on my buddies 07 kawi, and an 09 ktm I do not experience this problem.

Yes the forks are pulled up in the clamps.

• grayracer513

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:35 AM

And Gray, I hate the top clamps on the YZ, ....

My bad, actually. Without thinking, I had the idea you wanted the XTrig shock preload adjuster, which is extremely cool on the older bikes, but with the shock out in the open on the 2010...

• almostinvincible119

Posted November 09, 2010 - 01:00 PM

No sweat. Those are definitely nice on the old bikes. Kinda like the Merge unit. But as you said, our shock is so easy to adjust.

So, can DaveJ still get the clamps? or no?

• grayracer513

Posted November 09, 2010 - 01:11 PM

I know he sells XTrig. I assume he could order anything they made. Call him.

• almostinvincible119

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:34 PM

Will do, thanks gray!

• SEOINAGE

Posted November 14, 2010 - 07:51 PM

My 2010. 37,52 hours on it no problem what so ever, just regular maintenance.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That looks like a nice skid plate? Who makes it and where did you get it?

• Frank_z28

Posted November 15, 2010 - 10:21 AM

That looks like a nice skid plate? Who makes it and where did you get it?

Its a GYTR from yamaha dealer. Im not totaly happy with it, id buy a work connection if id buy another one.

You can see a gap between the front section of the plate and the Y of the frame.
The weld on the side front bolt hole is cracked too.

• SEOINAGE

Posted November 15, 2010 - 11:51 AM

Its a GYTR from yamaha dealer. Im not totaly happy with it, id buy a work connection if id buy another one.

You can see a gap between the front section of the plate and the Y of the frame.
The weld on the side front bolt hole is cracked too.

K thanks, was going to get the works connection one, however I thought that one looked interesting, but based on your advice will just go with the wc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojase316

Posted November 23, 2010 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image

• 95s10nj

Posted November 23, 2010 - 07:26 AM

looks good! the lower white shrouds are definately growing on me. What happened to the rear talon hub? Have you seen the knew fx fp1 seat cover? Comes in oem yamaha blue and probably would look great on there!

• SEOINAGE

Posted November 23, 2010 - 08:43 AM

Posted Image

Now that is good looking. I want to get those red hoses, who did you get yours from?

• tech24

Posted November 23, 2010 - 10:42 AM

That is a sharp lookin bike! But be aware the color red reduces HP :p

• Troutman

Posted November 23, 2010 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

Very sharp. Those One Industries graphics are T I T tight :p

Do you know if they make those for the limited white version?

• motojase316

Posted November 23, 2010 - 01:05 PM

looks good! the lower white shrouds are definately growing on me. What happened to the rear talon hub? Have you seen the knew fx fp1 seat cover? Comes in oem yamaha blue and probably would look great on there!

I am going to look at a different seat cover, the other complete rear wheel is getting new rubber mounted. will put up completed project pics with all the parts once I get everything. It took some getting used to the white shrouds too, with decals on them they look crazy...

• motojase316

Posted November 23, 2010 - 01:07 PM

Now that is good looking. I want to get those red hoses, who did you get yours from?

Found the CV4 hoses on EBAY, Not sure of the seller but I can track it down.

• SEOINAGE

Posted November 23, 2010 - 03:19 PM

Found the CV4 hoses on EBAY, Not sure of the seller but I can track it down.

K thx I will look into it if I can. figured a few red accents on my bike here and there would be the way to go, and last I checked I only found blue hoses.

• 95s10nj

Posted November 24, 2010 - 07:40 AM

I am going to look at a different seat cover, the other complete rear wheel is getting new rubber mounted. will put up completed project pics with all the parts once I get everything. It took some getting used to the white shrouds too, with decals on them they look crazy...

Here's that cover...
http://factoryeffex....ver_p_1528.html
I believe motosport has it the cheapest. I wanted it in black because i have the white limited ed but they said they are only making them in oem matched colors. Im going to look into the flu designs pleated or maybe the throttle jockey

• motojase316

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:54 PM

Here's that cover...
http://factoryeffex....ver_p_1528.html
I believe motosport has it the cheapest. I wanted it in black because i have the white limited ed but they said they are only making them in oem matched colors. Im going to look into the flu designs pleated or maybe the throttle jockey

That is sweet, thanks for the link... Got one on the way :p

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.