Show pics of your 2010/-11 YZ450F !

99 replies to this topic
  • brentn

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:43 PM

Love the DLC coatings!!!!

• steve_97060

Posted November 02, 2010 - 07:47 PM

Love the black stuff Jase ! :smirk:

I´ve just started taking my baby apart....

Nice parts will soon be mounted ! :excuseme:

Posted Image

HRC, what air filter do you have installed?

• HRC

Posted November 03, 2010 - 12:29 AM

HRC, what air filter do you have installed?

On the picture I posted....it´s the stock filter.

• 95s10nj

Posted November 03, 2010 - 05:03 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Did you remove the fork lugs yourself to have them anodized? My lugs are pretty beat up with rock chips and was thinking about anodizing them but I hear the kyb lugs are next to impossible to remove.

• motojase316

Posted November 07, 2010 - 03:22 AM

Did you remove the fork lugs yourself to have them anodized? My lugs are pretty beat up with rock chips and was thinking about anodizing them but I hear the kyb lugs are next to impossible to remove.

My suspension tuner attempted to remove the lugs from the chrome tubes with no success, He said it would have only resulted in damage to the lugs.. So what you hear is about right.
With that said my buddy had his 2010 yz450f done in gold with no problems.

I had to Buy Factory KYB Parts from the race shop.

• aedwards07

Posted November 07, 2010 - 08:41 PM

KYB lugs are terrible to remove.The best thing to do is just machine them off and buy new ones from KYB.

• brentn

Posted November 07, 2010 - 08:48 PM

I dunno i think the DLC on the lugs looks pretty sweet

• HRC

Posted November 08, 2010 - 12:42 AM

Things are starting to shape up ! :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

• motojase316

Posted November 08, 2010 - 03:37 AM

I am seeing the beginning of a factory Yamaha Monster Energy Motocross Team replica here maybe huh HRC??? see some black plastic there:busted::p

• HRC

Posted November 08, 2010 - 04:01 AM

I am seeing the beginning of a factory Yamaha Monster Energy Motocross Team replica here maybe huh HRC??? see some black plastic there:busted::bonk:

Motojase.....Wow ! 10 points ! Spot On ! :p:thumbsup:

I will award you with a another picture ! :mad:

Posted Image

I´m still waiting on some parts....but if everything works out, I´m going to post better (and complete) pictures of my 2011 Yamaha Rinaldi YZ450FM replica project .....this coming weekend !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted November 08, 2010 - 02:49 PM

Where can I get the Xtrig Clamps for the 2010 in the US? IVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE!

And what offset is recommended to help turning?

• grayracer513

Posted November 08, 2010 - 03:35 PM

Did you contact Dave Johnson? He's a US X Trig dealer.

But, just for the sake of the argument, why would you need one on a 2010?

• GENE426

Posted November 08, 2010 - 04:01 PM

Things are starting to shape up ! :mad:

Posted Image

Posted Image

[ [/B]

Bike looks BAD AZZ...:p:thumbsup:
BUT I see a skinny walet...:thumbsup::smirk: LOL

• darius228

Posted November 08, 2010 - 11:33 PM

Those are some nice looking bikes, mine is bone stock with some cheapy fx graphics.

• motojase316

Posted November 09, 2010 - 01:13 AM

Those are some nice looking bikes, mine is bone stock with some cheapy fx graphics.

Still sounds good to me. stock is cool, get the pics up mate :p

• HRC

Posted November 09, 2010 - 01:51 AM

Where can I get the Xtrig Clamps for the 2010 in the US? IVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE!

And what offset is recommended to help turning?

The Xtrig clamps come with adjustable offset. You can choose between 22 or 20 offset. And best of all...you can change offset without removing the clamps from the bike !

Also very good barmounts are included that eliminates vibrations.

Edited by HRC, November 09, 2010 - 05:10 AM.

• Cable Stretcher

Posted November 09, 2010 - 07:10 AM

Ok, I have to ask good are you. I have a bone stock 2010 and have seen a "retired" pro throw down lap times faster than current pro riders on his bone stock 10. I think my bike handles great and has more power than I can use. I am not trying to rip on your bike it looks amazing but is it just for looks that your doing this or because you think it will make you faster?

• HRC

Posted November 09, 2010 - 07:36 AM

Ok, I have to ask good are you. I have a bone stock 2010 and have seen a "retired" pro throw down lap times faster than current pro riders on his bone stock 10. I think my bike handles great and has more power than I can use. I am not trying to rip on your bike it looks amazing but is it just for looks that your doing this or because you think it will make you faster?

I have been riding the world championship for 5 years now ! Naaa....just kidding !

I agree with you completely ! I will not go any faster on a bike with lots of bling bling mounted ! Some parts may make the bike more comfortable or more for my riding style...but it will not make any day and night diffrences. That I am very aware of after over 20 years racing mx.

Why do I do it then you may ask ? Well, when the wintermonths come here in Sweden, this is my hobby. Buying stuff for my bike is something I do every winter and have been doing so for many, many years.

Unnecessary waste of money ? Of course it is !

But it´s one of my hobbies when not riding , if I didn´t lay the money on nice parts I would probably put money on something else totaly unnecessary !

The stock Yamaha is great for sure and looks really nice !

Some like stock look, I like factory look ! ....it´s just my addiction I guess:smirk:

• tech24

Posted November 09, 2010 - 07:47 AM

All hobbies are an unncessary waste of money....spend away!!!!!!! oh and show pics! :p

• almostinvincible119

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:04 AM

The Xtrig clamps come with adjustable offset. You can choose between 22 or 20 offset. And best of all...you can change offset without removing the clamps from the bike !

Also very good barmounts are included that eliminates vibrations.

I knew it was adjustable, that's why I'm interested in them. I didn't know about the mounts. Which makes me super interested in them. So where can I get them in the US? If anyone even knows?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.