Bottom end failures on the 2010 yz450f?

6 replies to this topic
  • Family Man

Posted October 08, 2010 - 06:54 PM

How common are they? I ve heard a local pro has had his fail twice already. Considering a new bike and want to check to see if this is common or not.

• wrxmxer

Posted October 09, 2010 - 01:43 AM

I've heard of one. Don't know any details though, just that it went.

• aedwards07

Posted October 09, 2010 - 08:47 AM

I heard of a connecting rod failure.Dont know anything about it but a friend told me he heard about it.I have no problems with mine at all though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davey762

Posted October 09, 2010 - 10:14 AM

I heard of a connecting rod failure.Dont know anything about it but a friend told me he heard about it.I have no problems with mine at all though.

Thought the new design (offset crank I believe?) was supposed to be better on the rod? Weird. Hope mine holds up.

• grayracer513

Posted October 09, 2010 - 11:27 AM

The bore offset reduces thrust on the piston and bore walls during the power stroke, but doesn't have much effect on the rod itself. Since there are no specifics (so far, this hasn't risen much above rumor or urban legend), there's not even enough information to speculate with.

• Troutman

Posted October 09, 2010 - 07:18 PM

I have never heard of any 10's having problems with the bottom end.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 10, 2010 - 06:16 AM

I have never heard of any 10's having problems with the bottom end.

Me nether!....just hope it stays that way. I know some of the guys that I ride with hammer down on em and they still seem to be doing just fine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.