Aftermarket radiator shrouds for -10/-11 YZ450F ?

11 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted October 08, 2010 - 04:19 AM

When ordering Yamaha YZ450F radiator shrouds for the -10/-11 model....which parts are included ? :smirk:

Posted Image

• andy250

Posted October 08, 2010 - 06:23 AM

The acerbis kit includes 1 and 3. It does not include any hardware. Notice that there's a few extra pieces holding the upper/lower shrouds together.

• aedwards07

Posted October 08, 2010 - 07:09 AM

#2 and 4 are also 1 piece

• HRC

Posted October 08, 2010 - 12:00 PM

#2 and 4 are also 1 piece

Just found out Acerbis sell the 2/4 piece.....

Posted Image

• aedwards07

Posted October 08, 2010 - 03:33 PM

Also CYCRA is comming out with some 1 piece shrouds that make 1 & 3 one piece.They are alittle different in design than stock and look awesome!Going to be a few months until they are available.

Also on piece #1 we got some acerbis ones and the fit was pretty terrible.I mean they are on the bike but thats about it.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 10, 2010 - 06:20 AM

Also CYCRA is comming out with some 1 piece shrouds that make 1 & 3 one piece.They are alittle different in design than stock and look awesome!Going to be a few months until they are available.

Also on piece #1 we got some acerbis ones and the fit was pretty terrible.I mean they are on the bike but thats about it.

That will be a good Idea. Just let us know when they have them on the market ready to sell.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted October 10, 2010 - 09:01 PM

I also got piece #1 and 2 from acerbis and #1 takes quite a bit of work to make it fit. Even though it is cheaper than oem I'm going to get oem from now on. I wonder if ufo is any better as my experience has been that oem is better than acerbis and polisport.

• aedwards07

Posted October 11, 2010 - 07:05 AM

OEM plastics for the 2010 are stupid expensive.Your looking at over $400 for a kit.So hopefully CYCRA comes out with some good fitting stuff.

• motojase316

Posted October 13, 2010 - 02:36 AM

I also got piece #1 and 2 from acerbis and #1 takes quite a bit of work to make it fit. Even though it is cheaper than oem I'm going to get oem from now on. I wonder if ufo is any better as my experience has been that oem is better than acerbis and polisport.

I have all UFO and #1 is also tricky to fit...

• HRC

Posted October 13, 2010 - 04:03 AM

I have all UFO and #1 is also tricky to fit...

And why is that ? It´s just a plastic part.....shouldn´t be so hard to make ?

• aedwards07

Posted October 13, 2010 - 07:04 AM

I wouldnt thing making a straight front fender would be either but I havent seen Acerbis master that yet either.

• motojase316

Posted October 15, 2010 - 01:30 AM

And why is that ? It´s just a plastic part.....shouldn´t be so hard to make ?

It just took a bit to locate in the sealing area for the air intake in the air box then line up with the bolts, seemed to only be left side however, I would not contribute the problem to aftermarket plastic however. It is just a fiddly piece to fit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.