SoCal riding this weekend

7 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 22, 2001 - 09:46 AM

Is anyone going to Competition Park in Hemet this weekend. I heard it's supposed to rain on Sunday but I'm hoping to get the track on Sat. I've never ridden Comp park but I'm planning on going this Sat. I've ridden Elsinore and feel comfortable clearing everything on the main track so hopefully I'll pick up Comp pretty fast.
Khris

------------------
When in doubt, GAS IT!

[This message has been edited by sirhk100 (edited 02-22-2001).]

• Scott_F

Posted February 22, 2001 - 05:43 PM

Comp is a lot of fun when conditions are good. Be careful if you try the big 90' double (triple). It takes a lot of speed to clear it. The new deep whoops are gnarly sawtooths, but they didn't slow down JMG or DV on Wednesday. Try the new track in the oval, it has a lot of fun little doubles.

I plan to ride at LACR Saturday.

• yzernie

Posted February 22, 2001 - 07:41 PM

if it is rainng down there, come up to Sunrise. It can rain down the hill but rarely rains at Sunrise.
yzernie
Hesperia

• Scott_F

Posted February 22, 2001 - 09:22 PM

Hey, is this Ernie K?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted February 23, 2001 - 01:30 AM

Yes, this is Ernie K., Hi Scott!!! How's the 250F?? Picking up my new 426 Friday morning.

• Scott_F

Posted February 23, 2001 - 07:42 AM

Congratulations on the new ride! Let me know if you need any help breaking it in. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 23, 2001 - 07:48 AM

Sunrise is up in Adalento, correct? How is that track? I pass it all the time on the way up to the relitives house in ridgecrest. I've always wanted to bring my bike and stop but it just never works out. What's it cost to run there? What are the practice times/schedule? I'm looking to go and ride tommorrow. (2/24)

I don't think I've ever done a 90' double. I'm not sure how big that is, does it comapre to anything at elsinore? I clear everything at Elsinore including the big table near the beginning and the monster step up on the backside of the track.

How is LACR? Where is it?
Khris

[This message has been edited by sirhk100 (edited 02-23-2001).]

• intothumpin

Posted February 23, 2001 - 08:03 AM

Check out www.proride.com It has all the low down on the local SoCAl tracks. including practice schedule, prices & pictures. For some of the tracks they have a link that shows you a mapped out layout of the track. It's a cool site. Sunrise is a fun track unless it's crowded.

Originally posted by sirhk100:
Sunrise is up in Adalento, correct? How is that track? I pass it all the time on the way up to the relitives house in ridgecrest. I've always wanted to bring my bike and stop but it just never works out. What's it cost to run there? What are the practice times/schedule? I'm looking to go and ride tommorrow. (2/24)

I don't think I've ever done a 90' double. I'm not sure how big that is, does it comapre to anything at elsinore? I clear everything at Elsinore including the big table near the beginning and the monster step up on the backside of the track.

How is LACR? Where is it?
Khris

[This message has been edited by sirhk100 (edited 02-23-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.