Off road tours

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 22, 2001 - 07:50 AM

Has anyone ever been to the Steve Hatch off road tour. 5 buddies and myself are leaving soon, never ridden out west, east coast riders, 80% hare scramble 20% MX. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations and what to expect. We will be riding from Scottsdale, AZ to Sedona if that helps. We are also riding DRZ 400's, I'm used to 2 stroke 00 CR250 but I just purchased a 01 YZ 426 haven't even riden it yet, I have been on a 99 YZ 400 and love it, just wondering how a DRZ compares.

• shu993

Posted February 25, 2001 - 02:54 PM

I have ridden a couple of times with Hatch. You should have a great time. The desert out here is amazing. Great single track. Sedona is one of the most popular tourist destinations in AZ. You will see why.
Have fun,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 25, 2001 - 03:50 PM

To answer your comparison question, not even close. It compares well to an XR400, same type of crappy suspension, similar power, seemed to rev higher to me but I was not impressed. Just my opinion.

Norman # 911

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 27, 2001 - 10:35 PM

Thanks guys, I'll be looking forward to riding out there, sounds like I'll be looking forward to getting back on my 426. The plus suspension will probably be a plus since we're doing a 100 miles a day for 3 days. later

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.