will 06 clutch plates fit in a 2010 ?

2 replies to this topic
  • the_artist

Posted October 06, 2010 - 12:52 AM

I got a leftover OEM clutch plates kit from my old 06 and my 2010 is in dire need of fresh plates. Will they fit if I just remove one steel and one friction plate?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2010 - 06:48 AM

No. The Friction plates are the same old ones from the '03 model that they've been using right along, but the plain plates in the '10 are thicker. If your plain plates are usable, you could just use the friction plates from your set. But if you try using the '06 set short one pair, the stack will be about 3.5mm too short, and may very well slip. Certainly wouldn't last as long, and you might have trouble adjusting it.

• the_artist

Posted October 06, 2010 - 08:07 AM

The kit is new... Glad to know I can at least still use the friction plates...

Thank you very much Gray for the prompt and precise answer.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.