2010 450 exhaust? which one?

15 replies to this topic
  • mx725

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:05 PM

I just got a 2010 yz450f i wanna throw a exhaust system on it. whats everyone running?? i also got thr power tuner whats the best map??

• brentn

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:37 PM

A crapload of people are running the DR.D exhaust system, this is the same one as the GYTR exhaust as well.

Akropovic is supposed to be the cats meow from what I hear.
Search and you'll find lots of info.

Personally liking the looks and build of the pro circuit.
Some dyno numbers comparing them all would be really nice IMO

• todds924

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:44 PM

I just got a 2010 yz450f i wanna throw a exhaust system on it. whats everyone running?? i also got thr power tuner whats the best map??

I hear the Yoshimura is Best.....according to MXA?
They dynoed and tested 8 pipes.

• aedwards07

Posted October 05, 2010 - 07:06 PM

I run the Yosh with good results.The MXA pipe test seemed pretty spot on.

• cablemonkey334

Posted October 05, 2010 - 07:40 PM

I started off with a Dr.D full TI. carbon which was way better than stock. but now i have a yosh ti. ti . system with the pim2 an data box hand down the best pipe. even without the pim2 an data box it shines .

• gfmoto

Posted October 05, 2010 - 08:11 PM

love my mrd pipe and its $275 price tag what company even comes close to this value?? Also the mrd really opens up the mid to top end of the powerband and the build quality should make the dr.d, pro-circuit, fmf boys take a hard look at the "quality" of there offerings. Oh did I mention the lifetime defect warranty???

• grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2010 - 08:37 PM

love my mrd pipe and its $275 price tag what company even comes close to this value?? Also the mrd really opens up the mid to top end of the powerband and the build quality should make the dr.d, pro-circuit, fmf boys take a hard look at the "quality" of there offerings. Oh did I mention the lifetime defect warranty???

MRD did some research and decided based on the findings that there was no reason to replace the stock header. His slip-on does open up the upper range a lot with no particular low end penalty. The price and service make it a bargain.

• Thumper38

Posted October 06, 2010 - 06:37 AM

I put the FMF on and I am very happy! smoothed out the hit on the bottom and it pulls much farther.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • andy250

Posted October 06, 2010 - 07:40 AM

I put the FMF on and I am very happy! smoothed out the hit on the bottom and it pulls much farther.

I'm running the FMF as well and couldn't be happier. I noticed the same - smoothed out the power, and it pulls much harder up top.

I had a Yoshimura system on my previous bike and the build quality was TERRIBLE.

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2010 - 10:45 AM

Just think how happy you'd be if you had the $200+ difference between that and an MRD still in your pocket.

• andy250

Posted October 06, 2010 - 11:38 AM

Just think how happy you'd be if you had the $200+ difference between that and an MRD still in your pocket.

You assume I paid retail... :smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2010 - 11:48 AM

I assume you paid more than $275, yes. And whether you did or not, 95% of everyone else would have to.

• andy250

Posted October 06, 2010 - 11:54 AM

Marginally more, yes.

Back on topic - Has anyone actually run an MRD exhaust on a 2010?

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2010 - 11:58 AM

See post #6.

• sean3239

Posted October 06, 2010 - 01:02 PM

If you had any brains...only go with the Dr. D. system...like me...unless you pretty much want equivalent performance which you can pretty much get with all the other systems...However, if your initials are RC I would say you should think hard, otherwise, pick what looks good, fits pocket book budget and the sounds good to you, I promise your lap times won't change. That's top dollar advice....:smirk:

• mx725

Posted October 06, 2010 - 01:11 PM

If you had any brains...only go with the Dr. D. system...like me...unless you pretty much want equivalent performance which you can pretty much get with all the other systems...However, if your initials are RC I would say you should think hard, otherwise, pick what looks good, fits pocket book budget and the sounds good to you, I promise your lap times won't change. That's top dollar advice....:smirk:

haha your right! ive never put a exhaust system on my bikes all my friends destroy em. Ive seen em bent at a 90 degree angle n hanging by the header... yeah im stuck between DrD for the looks n price i can get em for $400 SS/FS or the MRD slipon i dunno how its gunna look i dont want an ugly pipe stickin way out there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.