Tomberlin XS90

No replies to this topic
  • exit90a

Posted October 05, 2010 - 12:02 AM

It's a 2006, bought it a few days ago for $275. It looks new and owner said the front brake broke just after he bought it, he couldn't get a replacement and it sat for a few years. The engine is made by Howhit according to the name on the case cover. It ran at 1/2 throttle and above, would not idle. Also, the carb would fill up and run over when parked with gas on. So, I cleaned the carb(16mm Mikuni), pilot was clogged and it idles and runs ok now. Still overflows when parked with gas on, float and needle valve looked fine. I see carbs for these bikes are cheap and 16mm seems small. What would be a good size for an upgrade? Plenty of 18mm, 19mm and 20mm carbs out there. I also ordered a new front brake kit master/steel line/caliper/pads for $40, so that issue is resolved. Decent little bike for the price, Japanese versions were $800-$1000. Time will tell if it's reliable.

Edited by exit90a, October 05, 2010 - 01:33 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.