Flatland Racing Skid plate

3 replies to this topic
  • AkRider

Posted June 30, 2003 - 03:30 PM

Anyone have one yet? I still need to get radiator guards and it seems like the flatlands are one of the best. I was hoping to get both from the same place and save some on the shipping. Thanks

• tvawr450

Posted June 30, 2003 - 05:14 PM

Yeah , I just put one on. It mounted very easily to the original mounting tabs, it only took about two minutes. The thing is beefy too, its made out of 3/16 aluminum. I was very impressed with the fit and finish.... :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AkRider

Posted July 03, 2003 - 07:46 PM

When you mounted the skid plate did you remove all of the stock plates and guards or leave them on. The skid plate looks plenty strong. Iam just not sure if the stock stuff should stay. :)

• tvawr450

Posted July 05, 2003 - 11:07 AM

I removed the front plastic skid plate and the bottom one as well,because the flatland plate looks like it was designed to fit tight to the mounting tabs.I did however leave the two oem case gaurd plates on because the new plate does not interfere with them. The plate has already payed for itself,on my first ride with it I came down hard on a rock on the right side which i'm sure would have done some damage....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.