Elbow guards

5 replies to this topic
  • AkRider

Posted June 30, 2003 - 03:17 PM

I am looking for a set of elbow guards that offer some protection but aren't to bulky. What are you guys using? Do you really need them or do they just get in the way?

• IceBox

Posted July 01, 2003 - 03:33 AM

Bob's Cycle Supply in MN is where I picked up some Fox Comp?? elbow protection. They are like a sleeve, no straps. They offer something but don't have a plastic cup. I like them so far, I have skinny forearms and they don't slide down. Might be a starting point at least.

As far as whether they are necessary, I like knowing that I can bail and not have a gashed elbow.

See if this link works otherwise copy the entire line into a browser.

• 125shifter

Posted July 01, 2003 - 03:40 AM

I use these - wouldn't ride (hard) w/o them:

Posted Image

Don't even know they're on. Just pull 'em up high and they stay fine.

Elbow guards...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 01, 2003 - 05:02 AM

I have a pair of the Fox Extreme elbow guards. They aren't all that comfortable on a long ride, as the velcro straps dig in, but they did save my elbows once last year after a big get-off. The plastic cups had major gouges and scratches, my arms came out fine. They are good for the money, but there are better on the market. My new Shift XC Enduro jacket has built in elbow guards, they are very, very comfortable. :)

• the426master

Posted July 01, 2003 - 05:36 AM

i have a pair of six six ones and there realy nice and there not hot :)

• gloft

Posted July 01, 2003 - 07:29 AM

I like the MSR guards. They're durable, provide good protection and are adjustable. I also have some of the sleeve types and they don't seem to last vary long down here. I ripped one almost in half last year after catching a briar bush at around 40 MPH.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.