Flywheel weight ?

6 replies to this topic
  • spdnjoe

Posted October 04, 2010 - 02:41 PM

I have an '01 426. I ride mostly desert with some trails. What flywheel weight are you guys running or would reccomend ?
Was it worth it ?
Did you notice a difference in power delivery, stalling in tight situatuions ?

Thank you in advance.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 04, 2010 - 03:14 PM

I didn't do much desert riding on my old 00, but I ran the stock flywheel and 13/52 gearing and really liked that setup for woods riding.

• RCCrawler

Posted October 04, 2010 - 10:24 PM

I looked all over for one, and even placed an order this weekend with thumper talk for the 13oz msr. I got a call this morning that they don't have it and had no other options.

I canceled the order and called up Stealthy Offroad and ordered this one.

Click Here

I got the 12 ounce.

I should have it in my hands on wednesday and hope to get it installed by thursday for a ride this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skoobeesnak

Posted October 04, 2010 - 10:53 PM

I added 8 oz. to my old '99 YZ400f after reading that even Motorcross Action magazine recommended adding 4 oz and another magazine recommended 12 oz so I split the difference on mine. It made it much better offroad and desert riding which is 99% of what I do. That thing would just tractor up most hills no problem. I didn't notice any sluggishness at all after this mod, it just seemed to get better traction everywhere.

I just did the same mode to my '09 YZ450f and consider it some of the best money spent on modifying my bikes to suit me.

• ChillyKTM

Posted October 05, 2010 - 07:19 AM

Added a weighted Flywheel to my 08 450 and it helped bigtime in the altitude as far as hill climbing etc

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:25 PM

The GTYR Off-Road flywheel is awesome for not stalling / riding woods / rocks etc. if tey make on - if not the stealthy works good too.

• RCCrawler

Posted October 13, 2010 - 11:34 AM

Got the Stealthy installed the other day, quick and easy job.

I went out riding on Sunday and it made a HUGE difference, I love it.

-You can lug the motor more without worrying about it stalling.
-The power is more controlable.
-I believe it's easier to start as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.