2010 yzf450 supermoto???

5 replies to this topic
  • biggazzafaetherigs

Posted October 04, 2010 - 07:41 AM

hi i'm lookin for any info on 2010 yzf450 thats been converted to supermoto

i'm currently racing a 2006 yzf450 and was looking to find out how the 2010 is in comparison to the older bikes, i had shot of 2010 motocross bike and was well impressed with throttle response and handling and would just like some opinions on how the bike works as supermoto?

so if any of you guy's have one or know of any info would be much appreicated
as there's a couple of 2010 bikes going for not to bad money just now in the UK and I'm think one for bext year would be good!

• brentn

Posted October 04, 2010 - 10:09 AM

I can tell you that when I took my bike on a 20 minute flat dirt road with my brother in 5th at about 1/2 throttle or 3/4 at some points it got incredibly hot. When we got back to camp I couldn't even touch the clutch cover and I wasn't slipping at all. The engine oil gets too hot IMO for long straights at 1/2+ throttle and you need to have an oil cooler. Maybe it's normal for the bike, I dunno, but like I said in my opinion an oil cooler would be necessary.

• moto278

Posted October 04, 2010 - 12:34 PM

no idea on supermoto. here at a local track a guy races short track on a 2010 and races pro class and does pretty well. has a pipe and dyno tuned and i hear is over 60hp on pump gas. i dont think thats a huge gain over stock is it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikedabike

Posted October 04, 2010 - 06:52 PM

I know one guy that rides one and it seems to work pretty well. I know he had issues with stalling with the stock FI settings. It would stall when he would come into the dirt section and be off the throttle. You would figure that if you won a Superbike championship for Yamaha you could get someone to dial in the FI.:smirk:

Posted Image

• YamaLink

Posted October 04, 2010 - 11:41 PM

Now that is a good pic!!

• biggazzafaetherigs

Posted October 06, 2010 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for the info guy's:thumbsup:

I've been looking at a few post about the 2010 and there seems to be some mentioning bikes stalling going into corners, not sure but this is maybe just a mapping issue?

on the oil cooler side of things, i'm up north in scotland so were a good bit colder than what you guy's get, but it's certainly something that would be worth looking into

Any more info keep it coming!

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.