08 yz450F

4 replies to this topic
  • mazak500

Posted October 03, 2010 - 08:24 PM

First time post here.
I have been looking for a stator so i can run lights. I found they make a stator up to 07.
Are you guys running lights on your 08 and up?
I ride single track in michigan. Also looking for a better seat than stock.

• Gizler00

Posted October 05, 2010 - 08:03 PM

I would love to also know about a lighting stator. I like to ride at night

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted October 06, 2010 - 09:07 PM

As far as I know there is no reliable aftermarket stator for the yz450f or an yz for that matter. Other than converting your bottom end to a wr. The question gets asked alot on these boards. The option I went with is the majicshine 900 from geomangear.com I use Two actually and helmet mounts. They work great and are relatively cheap. The cyclops solstice and trailtech are also great options. I have had to repair the helmet light head wires after about a year of use, fragile wires.

• jackd

Posted December 14, 2010 - 04:53 PM

first time posting
i would like to put my 450 on the road but trying to figure out what to do about the stator. Baja designs does not offer an aftermarket one nor do they rewind the stock one for an 07 any thoughts..... thanks

• gdbarr1976

Posted December 15, 2010 - 07:56 AM

Unfortunatley I am a expert on putting lights on a 08 450f. Bottom line is don't bother. I wanted to run mine in Baja so needed a 100w stator. You can get a so called 50w through electrex sold through moose and a few others but it is very poor quality and only will run maybe a 35w light. Don't recomend it. To put a bigger stator on the only option is to split the cases and put a wr crank end on, plus a wr wiring harness, flyweel, side cover, cdi, and shifter. Plus find a place for a battery. I did it and it did work but I never could get the reliability to the point I would trust it is Baja. Start with a wr. That really is your answer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.