2010 power tuner question

12 replies to this topic
  • no air charlie

Posted October 03, 2010 - 07:40 AM

I purchased the GYTR power tuner to remap my bike. I am not very computer literate but they made loading up the maps very easy. It is truly user friendly.:smirk:

My question now is how to get the clip unhooked at the front of the bike? The manual shows it unpluged but doesn't say how. Do you squeeze, pry or snap this thing off? I really, really, don't want to break it.

I am beginning to think I am too old to own a bike like this. I have dropped more f bombs working on this bike than any bike I have owned. It seems like the manual assumes we all have Grey Racers mechanical experience, but when it comes to electrics I am clueless!

• steve_97060

Posted October 03, 2010 - 08:00 AM

I had the same problem when I tried to use it for the first time also. There is a small clip/tab inside of the connector, run your fingernail just inside of it and you should feel it. then just depress it and it slides right out.

• no air charlie

Posted October 03, 2010 - 08:28 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you talking for getting it off the aluminum clip attached to the frame or to get the plug apart? So far I am not having any success with either.

Do you need to detach it from the frame? It looks like the plug has two "catches" on each side of it to keep the plug hooked together.

• steve_97060

Posted October 03, 2010 - 09:47 AM

it stays on the frame, I am referring to the plug.. there is a thin tab on the outward side about in the middle that you depress and the plug slides out.

• brentn

Posted October 03, 2010 - 11:00 AM

I actually shaved down the little nub that locks it in so that when I pull it out now it is much easier to get out, but doesn't come out on it's own.

• no air charlie

Posted October 03, 2010 - 04:22 PM

I see the "release" you are talking about but even with that pushed inward it will not come out. I can wiggle it slightly so its not "stuck" but no luck removing. I would welcome any more ideas.

On a side note I have noticed that after riding the seat is bowed slightly making the back of it stick up slightly from the rear fender. If you loosen the seat bolts it straightens back out. Not a big deal but kind of weird. Anyone elses seat do that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve_97060

Posted October 03, 2010 - 07:30 PM

charlie, just press on it and pull the plug out of the connector.

• delmas

Posted October 04, 2010 - 04:19 AM

I purchased the GYTR power tuner to remap my bike. I am not very computer literate but they made loading up the maps very easy. It is truly user friendly.:smirk:

My question now is how to get the clip unhooked at the front of the bike? The manual shows it unpluged but doesn't say how. Do you squeeze, pry or snap this thing off? I really, really, don't want to break it.

I am beginning to think I am too old to own a bike like this. I have dropped more f bombs working on this bike than any bike I have owned. It seems like the manual assumes we all have Grey Racers mechanical experience, but when it comes to electrics I am clueless!

you have to get your finger nail and pull the release catch out not in

• no air charlie

Posted October 04, 2010 - 05:55 AM

you have to get your finger nail and pull the release catch out not in

THANK YOU!!!! Delmas is right I pulled that little release outward and it popped right out. I have to say I was about ready to drop kick this thing off a 20 ft cliff yesterday. This site is invaluable with the help you get, I had given up on it till I read the thread again.

• delmas

Posted October 04, 2010 - 07:15 AM

THANK YOU!!!! Delmas is right I pulled that little release outward and it popped right out. I have to say I was about ready to drop kick this thing off a 20 ft cliff yesterday. This site is invaluable with the help you get, I had given up on it till I read the thread again.

great glad I could help

• sean3239

Posted October 12, 2010 - 09:38 PM

On a side note I have noticed that after riding the seat is bowed slightly making the back of it stick up slightly from the rear fender. If you loosen the seat bolts it straightens back out. Not a big deal but kind of weird. Anyone elses seat do that?

Yes, my seat has done that now too, something like a 3/4 inch gap above fender. Good thing the airbox is not back there anymore!

• no air charlie

Posted October 14, 2010 - 05:50 AM

Yes, my seat has done that now too, something like a 3/4 inch gap above fender. Good thing the airbox is not back there anymore!

Must be a 2010 glitch. I know the seat is on correctly and will admit that I am a big guy at 215 without gear but I have not had any previous bikes do that. It seems like maybe there is not enough support from the subframe in the middle of the seat so when you seat bounce it pushes the seat down slightly in the middle raising the back of the seat up.:smirk:

• gfmoto

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:41 PM

great glad I could help

Where were you when I broke mine trying to get it off!:p that thing really pissed me off for about 10min!:smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.