Its 1993 all over again.

10 replies to this topic
  • arel451

Posted October 02, 2010 - 08:47 AM

I've seen retro kits, but not from this period. I kind of like it! http://motocross.tra...saturday-night/

• arel451

Posted October 02, 2010 - 03:09 PM

guess thats a dead link try this
Posted Image

• yz2501990

Posted October 02, 2010 - 03:12 PM

reminds me of my 1990 YZ250
Posted Image

• brentn

Posted October 02, 2010 - 07:37 PM

Looks like the old school WR250 two stroke from mid 90's!

Different for sure, looks pretty good.

• SPLATT

Posted October 02, 2010 - 09:30 PM

I had a 94 YZ250 that I couldn't change the colors fast enough much less want to go back to it.

Steve

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted October 02, 2010 - 10:20 PM

Notice the air box mod they did?
I've been looking for pictures on how people were doing it but couldn't find anything until now. I figured it would be a couple of 3/8's drill holes, but if you look it's a series of slits about 1/2" stacked on top of each other. Looks like it would breathe quite a bit better.

Heard that the filters get dirty real quick and the intake is even louder when you do this though, wonder if it's worth it.
Would be cool to set one up like how the grills for your heater vents work in your house. You could slide it open or closed depending on whether you want to deal with the noise for a race, or want it closed for booting around in the woods or your property etc...

• cowboyona426

Posted October 04, 2010 - 07:04 AM

They did a good job with that retro look! Not my cup of tea but well done.

• Slick_Nick

Posted October 04, 2010 - 07:15 PM

Blackfoot does good work!

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:31 PM

I am glad the did not try and duplicate the power bands - they were some real bad machines. Have ridden one lately? I have an they are scary.

Looks are awesome!

• cowboyona426

Posted October 06, 2010 - 06:36 AM

I am glad the did not try and duplicate the power bands - they were some real bad machines. Have ridden one lately? I have an they are scary.

Looks are awesome!

Yeah that vintage of YZ 250 had a helluva motor in it. My uncle had an 89 YZ 250WR (yes, back before they were just called WR 250's) and I can remember riding it when I was barely big enough to touch the ground on it and thinking WOW!!!

• Polar_Bus

Posted October 06, 2010 - 08:11 AM

back then, YZ's had $hitty colors, and even $hittier engines....

But Damon Bradshaw and Micky Dymond would be proud of the re-birth :smirk:

I know....., then why do I own a limited white YZF ? Cause my local dealer didn't have a blue one at the time !

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.