if its not one thing its another :) Carb problem?

2 replies to this topic
  • kylerf150

Posted October 01, 2010 - 08:22 PM

2004 yz450f big bore,3k to 8k elevation. 38 pilot jet stock was 42. and 2.5 out on the screw.

Well i went and adjusted my rekluse today and while I was putting it back together i noticed something strange! :smirk::cheers:

The carburator boot the goes from the head to the carb was split almost in half.WOW you would of thought the bike would be running like crap but it wasn't it was running great.So i stole a new boot off of my other bike (well quad) and installed it on my bike,put everything back together and now the damn thing won't start what the :smirk:!!!

So heres my ???? if the bike was getting more air sucked from after the carb would that be making it leaner?

The bike has a 38 pilot jet in it and its been that way for about 2 months running like a champ. i have a 35 to try. I can get it to run for about 1.5 seconds and it dies.I've tried turning the screw up/down, i've tried tuning the idle up,So my spot on jetting was probably all done with a leaking boot. What do you guys think i should do now.More air after the carb would make it leaner i would think so maybe ill try the 35 jet and see if i can get it running???

Any help would be appreciated!!!:p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 02, 2010 - 06:58 AM

Go back to the original pilot and start there. If you had an air leak, you may also need to turn your idle speed up, and you may even want to try that first.

• kylerf150

Posted October 02, 2010 - 01:14 PM

got her going thanks again.take care:ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.