Got an 04 450 in a trade, any advice?

5 replies to this topic
  • Roddy73

Posted October 01, 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hey guys, great forum! Lots of good info.

I just got an 04 YZ450f in a streetbike trade and I know nothing about them.

I didn't take a picture before it went into the moving truck but I know it has a different frame with the oil tank built in and different bars, pipes, etc.

It runs really good and scared the crap out of me a bit but I could see having a lot of fun trail riding with it next summer.

Can you think of anything I should address this winter, I know it needs a bushing at the bottom of the shock. I won't be jumping the shit out of it or anything I just want it to be reliable.

Thanks!

• Roddy73

Posted October 02, 2010 - 10:03 AM

So no common issues on these bikes? Great! That's why I always buy Yamaha.:smirk:

• Mikeb12

Posted October 02, 2010 - 03:31 PM

i have an 04 450 and ride it about twice a week and it is reliable as a rock. keep it clean and serviced and have fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted October 02, 2010 - 10:32 PM

Regular oil changes, filters changed every 3rd or so with air filter maint often too and it should last a long time. Some of the guys on here have up to 200 hours on their bikes.

• Timm

Posted October 03, 2010 - 07:12 AM

Also if you don't have a manual,get on .That will tell you everything you need to know, plus a little more.

• Roddy73

Posted October 03, 2010 - 06:02 PM

Thanks guys, I will get a manual. I don't do much without one (live and learn).

The more I look into this bike the more I like it, gotta love a good trade!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.