3 replies to this topic
  • kieran 400wr

Posted October 01, 2010 - 08:16 AM

i have a 00 wr 400 starts from cold first kick but only runs for 5-10min then starts banging jumping and cut out , last sat i took bike out for a run 30 miles and back put new chain on and went out again 5min into the run it started banging , today i changed oil ,filter,air filter,new plug but still no good ,

anyone know wats up THANKS

Posted October 02, 2010 - 08:37 AM

Did it just start doing this "banging" or develop over a certain time? It is getting worse? Does the motor sound good when cold? How many hours are on the bike??

Could be a stator issue - could be loose??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kawidad

Posted October 02, 2010 - 10:06 AM

Can you define banging? Do you mean like backfiring, or is it a mechanical type noise? Makes a huge difference in trying to help diagnose the problem.

• William1

Posted October 02, 2010 - 12:14 PM

+2 on the stator.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.