empty bolt holes

7 replies to this topic
  • iceee187

Posted September 30, 2010 - 08:09 AM

i Own a 06 450f, my question is there are 4 holes two on each side in the frame right behind the front wheel I believe these are there for some sort of full skidplate(one that covers everything) as I have a glid plate(only covers half). They are right on top of each other. Within a couple cm's. do i have to plug them up when I wash my bike? Is the frame hollow where does that water go? Or is it blocked somewhere right under the holes? Anyone Know what Im talking about?

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2010 - 08:44 AM

My '06 has no such hole(s) in the frame at that point. '07+ WR frames have two raised bosses on the front of the frame for a full skid plate, but not like those you describe.

Almost all tubing or other hollow frame components have a vent hole at some low point to relieve pressure and vent moisture during and after the welding process.

• iceee187

Posted September 30, 2010 - 09:13 AM

http://bikepics.com/pictures/2071041/ here is a picture of where the holes are at. They are on the inside of the frame not facing out.

• mped220

Posted September 30, 2010 - 09:33 AM

Just checked on my bros 06 and he has no such holes maybe te previous owner put them there to mount something

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iceee187

Posted September 30, 2010 - 09:36 AM

I will get the actual photo's when I get home. I'm getting a little worried here.

• iceee187

Posted September 30, 2010 - 03:57 PM

http://www.bikepics....ctures/2071190/ alright here they are i geuss there are six 3 on each side

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2010 - 05:25 PM

The upper and lower ones are the inboard end of the motor mount holes. The other is a jigging hole to the best of my knowledge. All three are drilled through a solid casting and don't lead anywhere. You're worried about nothing.

• iceee187

Posted September 30, 2010 - 05:27 PM

Thank u.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.