Help! Just rebuilt and fitted engine, not charging and no lights!

3 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted September 30, 2010 - 07:54 AM

Hi all :smirk:

I have just re-fitted my 2004 WR450 engine after a rebuild (Chain snapped and wiped out the case) the engine started after 3 secs on the button :smirk: but, now the lights dont work and its not charging the battery.

I have checked, re-checked and checked everything again...............

The only thing that has changed is the left side case is now a 2003 item, as the chain snapping indecent smashed a hole in my 04.....

Can anyone suggest anything, please :p:worthy::cheers:

Mant thanks

Trev:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted September 30, 2010 - 10:31 AM

Did you re-connect the fat ground wire?

Did you pinch a stator wire?

Check all plugs?

Check the fuse?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 04WR450man

Posted September 30, 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply :p

Yes, ground is connected, fuse is good and the stator and all other plugs are good............

Now, I just bolted on my spare 2003 stator/side cover and the bike wouldn't start................(I have a spare bottom end, so have all the 03+04 parts, but the 04 crank/flywheel etc is the one I am using)

Are the 03/04 stators compatible?

I am stumped.............

• William1

Posted September 30, 2010 - 01:40 PM

You need to test the stators by the manual. Continuity bettween segmantrs and contimuity to ground.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.