Got a Ticket!!!!! grrrrrrr

20 replies to this topic
  • AliveInMyOde

Posted June 29, 2003 - 05:12 PM

hey guys
well i usually ride horses at this loacal part of the forest in my area and saw some people riding quads and thought wow awesome i'll bring my dirtbike out here. well me a couple friends (klx300, RM125, Polaris Predator 500(some quad)) well we found this awesome clay pit and was riding around and we decided if we had any wardens come we would run. we could have easily out ran them cause it was rainy and really muddy conditions. well my friend was goin up and hill and he is kindof inexperienced so he stalled. i rode up to help him and as soon as i started to help him get his bike back down and to crank it here comes the game warden! i was pissed! cause we could have easily gotten away and had already planned on it. but anyways the warden was really cool and thought the laws were stupid anyways cause he rides quads alot. but he just gave us a warning for destruction of public property(when he admitted he did more damage with his 4x4 truck) and gave us a 53 dollar fine for operating an off road vehicle in the closed area(he could have given us alot more). its pretty gay cause he said if my bike was street legal nothing would have happened to me and i would be allowed there. i thought that was stupid cause i would be doing the same damage i was then but it makes it ok just because i have a freakin title! our laws do not make any sense but anyways i'll shut up. ya'll be careful!

• huskyrider

Posted June 29, 2003 - 07:16 PM

if we had any wardens come we would run

Mistake #1, planning a getaway from an area where you know you shouldn't be riding.

here comes the game warden! i was pissed!

Mistake #2, copping an attitude towards the authorities even though you know your in the wrong.

the warden was really cool

Lucky you #1.

and gave us a 53 dollar fine

Lucky You #2.

I'm not trying to piss on your parade or flame your thread but how do you think his attitude toward offroaders would of been if you'd of hauled ass whether you got caught or not.
I checked your Biography before I sent this post and saw you were young.
I'll give you some advice like I gave my son who is also your age and rides offroad.
WHEN YOUR CAUGHT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN LIKE THAT, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE LIKE A MAN. DON'T TAKE THE EASYOUT AND RUN.

• AliveInMyOde

Posted June 30, 2003 - 06:37 AM

thanks dad
i shouldn't have posted the part about being pissed cause i was pissed yeah but i did not have an attitude with the officer whatsoever. if u do that ur asking to get in trouble. yes i am young but i am more mature than most 19 years olds. he admitted to us that just about everyone runs and gets away. he wouldn't have looked at off roaders any differently. around here they aren't as strict as say california and most of the cops around here could care less if u were riding on the main road with ur bike as long as ur not hot rodding it so most of the officers probably wouldn't care if u did run, they would just give up. and also i wasn't sure if i wasn't suppose to be riding in that area or not. we had some people tell us ur not suppose to but we didn't know how well they knew the area. if i would have ran i wouldn't have ever came back there. i've ridden there like 6 other times and had no one bother us. anyways i'll stop my rambling, had to defend myself since u made me sound like an idiot.

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted June 30, 2003 - 03:22 PM

Stay out of there . Stick to riding were it is legale the enviormental groups don't need any more amunition . And yes he is !

• AliveInMyOde

Posted June 30, 2003 - 05:49 PM

Yeah man i am not goin backthere since i got in trouble. don't worry i learned my lesson. we don't have many enviromentalist around here. we would tick off hunters before plant lovers. so we don't have to worry about them. talk ya'll later.

• ckulzer

Posted July 01, 2003 - 05:05 AM

Billy,
Given your Christian signature, I would have expected you to take the high road and accept the consciences for your behavior. Whether you committed a crime or not, running from the authorities is wrong. WWJD?

After reading your 3 posts in this tread, I suggest that you slow down and think about what you are writing. The image that people are seeing is not consistent with your signature.

A bumper sticker does not define your faith, your actions do.

Ride hard - Take chances

Chad

• AliveInMyOde

Posted July 01, 2003 - 07:17 AM

yeah ur probably right since the bible tells us that God did put the authorities in place and we should follow them. thank you!

• gratefuldawg

Posted July 01, 2003 - 08:48 AM

Nice work AliveInMyOde! It takes real balls to bitch about getting busted for riding in closed areas. I suggest you read some of the archive posts that address guys like yourself. It is guys like you that give the rest of us a bad rap. Riding areas are closed all the time because of selfish guys like you who are willing to ruin a good thing for a little self-gratification. By the way, Huskyrider did not make you sound like an idiot, you made yourself sound like an idiot. Again, nice work, I am very impressed!

• mud

Posted July 01, 2003 - 11:11 AM

Whoa, I think the boy gets the idea. Since I live in Pace let me suggest some local riding areas. West Florida Motorcross Track, Avalon Blvd in Milton, behind the rave theatre in Pensacola. The National Forest over by Tallahassee is the biggest but it takes about 3 1/2 hours to get there. They do not allow riding in the Blackwater State Forest unless your are street legal. Thats why mine is. Stupid yes but them are the rules. I will send you a private e-mail with my number so we can go ridin!

• AliveInMyOde

Posted July 01, 2003 - 01:33 PM

wow thanks guys didn't think people would jump all over my case over a simple story i was just trying to share with ya'll. like i said before its not a big deal around here to ride around even the warden said it was ridiculous. ya'll act like i was doing doghnuts in people's front yards and junk or shooting at the warden as i drove by. didn't realise ya'll wer elike this. guess i am not welcome. by the way thanks mud. i know alot of areas to ride but wasn't sure blackwater was illegal. bye everyone

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted July 01, 2003 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, AliveInMyOde was good enough to share his learning experience with us...He should count his blessings for only getting a small fine that doesn't affect his driver's license and insurance premium, if any. Besides, getting cought running away could result in a much more severe sentence. :)

• treecop

Posted July 01, 2003 - 03:37 PM

Hey,
A couple things....One is stick with this forum. Ya, you are going to get razed by doing what you did, and the members let you know it. We (even a lawdog aka warden, like myself) has done some things that weren't entirely legal under the age of 21. You at least didn't run, and learned.
Two, you are mature, just sometimes try to justify your actions that occurred without pre-thinking. The guys, gals, and myself are just saying look at the big picture before you go. Maybe ask yourself if it is worth it. :)

Let me put this in an analogy.
Last year I popped a guy for shouting an elk (bull) that didn't meet state requirements on antler points. Old boy said, and I qoute "how was I supposed to know what the law says?" As I loaded his elk, rifle, ammo and other assorted equipment associated with the hunt in my truck, I replied "By reading the rules and becoming informed."

Think about it for a while, go ride where its legal, and have fun. :D

• Burnrider

Posted July 01, 2003 - 05:08 PM

cause he said if my bike was street legal nothing would have happened to me and i would be allowed there.

Basically the crime is not having a street legal bike in an off road area. "Alive" is fairly responsible person considering the crimes other off roaders - most of them adults, have committed.

• beezer

Posted July 02, 2003 - 04:18 AM

It seems like everyone is giving you the business.

In NJ everyplace is illegal to ride a dirt bike. It has always been that way. If I have problems now I just take my helmet off and show my gray hair. Since I'm older than most cops they don't give me a hard time. I am also polite. But years ago I would do anything to get away and I never got caught.

Where I ride now was made into a wildlife preserve just to keep out bikes and atv's. When I go in I put mud on my license plate. My bike is 96 DB. If the treehuggers don't like me I don't care. I pass people slowly and politely. If they give me a hard time I roost them.

Am I an [@#$%&*!]? If the answer is yes is it genetic or my environment?

I don't care I'm still riding!

• gratefuldawg

Posted July 02, 2003 - 04:51 AM

I know some of you guys think I was too hard on Aliveinmyode, and maybe so. I feel his posts were not representative of a man sorry he accidentally rode on some closed areas, but rather a kid who was sorry his friend was not a better rider and that he got caught. Maybe some of you guys believe he did not know, but it sure seems that once people started jumping his &%$#, he suddenly got a conscience. I am just sick of guys riding in closed areas, cutting new trails and ruining it for the rest of us. I think we need more people to stand up and say B.S. you are not going to ruin this for us. Well, enough of my soap box, sorry if I offended anyone. Ride On!

[QUOTE]
well we found this awesome clay pit and was riding around and we decided if we had any wardens come we would run. we could have easily out ran them cause it was rainy and really muddy conditions.

[QUOTE]
well my friend was goin up and hill and he is kindof inexperienced so he stalled. i rode up to help him and as soon as i started to help him get his bike back down and to crank it here comes the game warden! i was pissed! cause we could have easily gotten away and had already planned on it.

[QUOTE]
we had some people tell us ur not suppose to but we didn't know how well they knew the area.

• CraigW

Posted July 02, 2003 - 05:46 AM

I didnt know "shouting " at an elk was such a serious offence in the USA :)

• beezer

Posted July 02, 2003 - 06:15 AM

It hurts the elk's feelings.

• Burnrider

Posted July 02, 2003 - 10:32 AM

I didnt know "shouting " at an elk was such a serious offence in the USA :)

Its more serious than hunting and killing them with high power scoped rifles, carving them up with a battery powered sawzall, and cutting trees down to load them on your ATV so you can take them to your bar-b-que

• huskyrider

Posted July 02, 2003 - 02:22 PM

AliveInMyOde,
I certainly hope you didn't take my post as jumping on your case. I don't want you to feel unwelcome or leave.
I've been out of town since Monday morning and hadn't had a chance to read this thread until I just got back home. I kinda knew this thread would take an anti AliveInMyOde direction.
My point to you, or any other TT member young or old, is this.
1- Don't ruin the image of our sport to outsiders, whether their the authorities or not.
2- When your caught in a compromising position, as we all have been at one time or another, don't run away. Take whatever the consequences may be.
In other words BE A MAN
Even though TT has over 20000 members every single member is important. There has and always will be strength in numbers. At any moment someone who doesn't agree with you, or what you may do, could need you as an ally for some other cause.
I wasn't trying to preach or be your dad. I was trying to let you know my take on your actions described in the thread.
I've got 4 kids and 11 hands at my business who I try to let know similar things all the time.
I make my own bed every day, and even when I don't do a good job of it I'll never fail to owe up to it.
I look forward to seeing some more of your posts.

• treecop

Posted July 02, 2003 - 08:08 PM

I apologize for my misspelling......
Happens after long days at work, you should hear me talk on a radio after a ten hour day.
Just so you know, if I catch you "shooting" an illegal elk, it will be about a grand. A moose close to 3 grand, and with both you lose your license.
I personally "shout" at elk each and every year. Last time is when I spent all day hunting, then saw a 6 point bull about 200 yards from the house at night.

No, I didn't, for I am a man of steel and resisted all temptations, although I cried a lot.
:)

If you run, you break bigger laws then riding in close areas.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.