New clutch for 2011

5 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted September 30, 2010 - 05:58 AM

Has anyone tried to get the new clutch plates and actuator arm for there 2010? I had clutch fading issues all year with my 10, so I want to replace what they changed for 2011.

• eazrider

Posted September 30, 2010 - 07:06 AM

I have a Rekluse EXP on my 2010 and have had "0" issues (cross my fingers) with fading. I have 40 hours on motor...What sort of "fading" issues are you having ..? Are you having to adjust it excessively? What sort of oil are you using? How often do you change the oil..?

• Thumper38

Posted September 30, 2010 - 08:36 AM

Yes I adjust lever cable slack, i am not hard on the clutch either. I have tried three different oils also, I change the oil ever 5 hours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted October 01, 2010 - 05:57 AM

I was under the impression that the clutch push rod is what was different.BUT the 2010 and 2011 part numbers are the same.The bearing on the end of it is different though.Also the valve cover gasket for the 2011 is the same as the 2010.

• brentn

Posted October 02, 2010 - 10:23 PM

The USA website listed that the arm was the change, but if the part numbers are the same :smirk:
What exactly is clutch fade?
I know that when I pull in the clutch quickly when I'm slowing right down sometimes the engine dies as the clutch still grabs slightly for a second or two after I pull in the lever all the way.
Would this be the issue that everyone is having?

• aedwards07

Posted October 03, 2010 - 07:27 AM

Im not sure on the issue since I never had it.Im running a full Hinson clutch setup with no problems.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.